Single Sub

Username: Ssquestionss

Post Number: 1
I have a small car and I would like to keep a lil trunk space open for other things other then a huge sub enclosure, so I was looking at doing a single sub and was hoping yall had a few suggestions on a good brand to set in there single. I have been looking at Kicker SoloBaric and Infinity Kappa. I don't have much knowledge on this topic so sorry if I sound like a moron.

Also what type of enclosure would be good, because I have heard that the Kappas do better with a sealed small enclosure.

Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 127
im not as experienced as most on this fourm, but i can tell u that unless your just looking for noise, don't go with the kicker. In my opinion one subwofer systems are the way to go and there are many brands to look at all depending on your price range and what your looking for- Loud(spl) or Clear(SQ)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2197
^^ agreed

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 459
with what Ben said it would be helpful if we knew at least 2 things. What type of car, and your budget. You just wantin subs and amp, or the whole shootin match?? Be more specific Daniel,

I agree with Ben on another aspect. Stay away from those square subs. Yeah they get loud, but they sound like poo-poo.

Are wanting loud, or sound good. If you want loud go with a ported box. You wanna sound good and get almost as loud, go sealed.

After that, we need the above info, I mentioned.

Post Number: 2
Its a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage LS(2 door). I got some ok speakers at the moment and am just looking to add some kick to my system. I listen to a most harder rock go off into trance and a few other types. Currently i am running two 12" xplodes that i got for free from a friend with a kenwood 7252(1000W Max) but i find the bass sound is distorted and what i am looking for is a nice solid beat. if that makes sense. Moderate price range for just the sub(few hundred), amp i will be getting a bit later.

--this is daniel by the way

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
what type box do you have the 2 twelves in??

Are you sure the amp is set right? you said the bass sounds distorted.

R the xplodes from wallmart?? Not that it really matters.
Are you wanting to stick with 2 12's or what??

Post Number: 3
Box is a sealed, relativly sure the amp is set right, not sure where they are from, though knowing him they are from somewhere like walmart or someother store like that. i aint really picky on size i just want a solid sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
well if it were me, and I wanted good sound I'd stick with the sealed box. Besides that it'll save you a few bucks. Let me dome looking with the amp you have that narrows things down just a bit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Heres a few to look at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INFINITY-12-INCH-1000w-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-WO OFER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38647QQihZ008QQitemZ180132607719QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-T5512-Sub-Thunder-12-Inch-600W-Subwoofer-4-Ohm-NR_W0QQit emZ110143412330QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-Audio-12-W6-12-inch-Subwoofer-BRAND-NEW-DVC_W0QQitemZ 320131020775QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-12-INCH-JL-AUDIO-SUBWOOFERS_W0QQitemZ200123823284QQihZ010Q QcategoryZ18803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 4
so clearly you think i should be shooting for about the 300 RMS range, correct?

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
I think you should, that's what the amp was made to do. Besides you stated you were going to upgrade the amp later, and unless you r planning on letting the neighbors 2 blocks away know that you are coming and going there is really no reason too.

Those are just the ones that I would be looking at if I had that amp. And I probably wouldn't look at the MTX, but that is personal preference.

But definetaly the JL and the infinity's. Plus that was just a quick search on eBay. I just started coming back to the forum, so the guys that are here all the time could give you some other places. You can get ahold of Kevin also. he can get you some good prices so I hear on here. His addy is "Kevin Holden" <lowhz01@yahoo.com>. Hopefully he won't be upset about the advertisement
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us