Search for Quality Component Speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 120
my friend just bought a pair of Focal Speakers and now after hearing them im in search for speakers with similar quality but in a cheaper price range. Posibly in the $200 range. Anyone have any advice? thxs

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2515
You get what you pay for

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 121
well then can u point me in the right direction for a good name brand other than focal

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 122
i thought maybe someone would know an underground name brand for speakers equivalent to Fi or DD in subs..

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3039
for that price range, you really can't do CDT, unless you buy my cdt hd62m6 components which run over 300 and are pretty good component speakers. Other speakers to check out, DLS, diamond, rainbow, crystal audio.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 123
thats what i was looking for. thxs 4 the help

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2516
Rainbow SLCs run $200-$250 correct?

Thats what I would get.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3833
rainbow's arent worth it unless you get the the profi's or higher.

but then again with comps the best ones for chepest i believe are a/d/s's

but then your looking to spend some $$$ comps arent like subs they cost more to build so you have to pay xtra to get them if you want nice ones, so ifyou want to beat him save up for what you really want be happy the first time cause down the road your gonna want them anyways

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 124
thxs 4 the advice. i went by a store today and ended up getting some Focals for 200 on sale. i hooked them up and wow, they sound bad asz even without an amp. only downfall is when i turn the bass up from -10 to 0 and crank the volume, i loose sound quality.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1799
ive said this on here before...

i know a guy who competed in SQ and he had thousands of dollars worth of focal components in his car, won a competition, got recognized, got sponsored by pioneer and he replaced all of his focal with pioneers new component sets and said he could not tell a difference, if anything, they sound better after all of the tuning he did...

here is a link to them. they are 330 shipped, ebay. a little pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-TS-C720PRS-6-3-4-2-WAY-200-W-PRS-Component-SET_W0QQi temZ280127799220QQihZ018QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

im not anyone special but they are the best components i have ever heard. ive heard focals and 1 set of CDTs and my brothers truck has an AMAZING mb quart setup and these still kinda take the cake. i think they are well worth it, it would probably be the last component set you bought for a long time...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1800
and i just realized you already made your decision...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4783

quote:

rainbow's arent worth it unless you get the the profi's or higher.

sorry charlie, either you have heard wrong, or listend to some in a terrible install. even the low end rainbow are very impressive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1804
i would think they would be nice also.

any component set can sound terrible if they are just thrown in an '88 caprice...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us