12w7

Bronze Member
Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 77
how would one get ahold of a jl 12w7 sub? their site says you can't buy them off the internet

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 894
Authorized you can't. But you can still buy them off the net. But unless you already are running a W7, it probably isn't worth picking one up for the price you will have to pay.

Silver Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 110
why not get a dealer to order one in for you? i live in a small town and mine has a 13W7, JL ships them everything.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 895
Depends where you live. I know here in CT the only place I know that sells JL is Tweeter, and they won't cut you any slack on pricing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
i've heard nothing but good reviews on jl products. I don't mind spending $400-$500 on a sub if it's worth it.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 896
I believe online they can be had for around $650-700 depending on what size you want. That is if you get a new one.

Then you are going to need to spend about 300-450 on a solid amp for it.

So a minimum of $950 you will have to spend. And for $950 there is much better out there if you do some research.

The W7's are good drivers, but they are the high end subwoofer of the uninformed consumer. If you do some research you will find something just as good or better for hundreds less.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
well what i'm looking for is an amp and atleast 1 sub...research you say...i have no idea what i should be researching...i'm very new to this audio stuff..i know i want a sql sub..a sub that hits those lows nice but won't miss any hard fast beats either...price range obviously isn't a concern of mine...i don't want to be ridiculous though either and have my whole car rattling down the road..but i want to be heard ya know what i mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Philly306

Post Number: 95
you wanting to be heard = you getting your sh!t stolen. especially a w7

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1300
get a 13w6v2 or two from jl. if you like jl and money isent a concern then stay with jl they make great stuff, some would argue top of the line but either way you wont be going wrong. if i was you i would get a jl 1000/1 with two 13w6's. if you cant find a dealer i think jl has a dealer search thing on there site if not call them and i sure they will direct you to some fairly close by to you.

here it is.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/dealerfind.php

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 673
Ebay - 12w7, Dont order from IndoAudio they suck...

Jl 500/1 for the jl 12w7 - sonicelectronics has those, and they have the 12w7...but ebay will be cheaper

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
thanks all very much...i'm not to worried about anyone stealing my sh*t either i live in a small town...sh*t gets around...so i'd find out easily if someone stole it....by the way would a 10" sound better than a 12"? and jl subs are sq subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
i've heard the 12w1v2 before. i realize it's an older sub but it sounded quite nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
sorry the 12w3v2's i've heard before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
i'd really like to hear their fathom f112 n f113 sh*t even the gotham series

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2179
i think if your gonna get a w7 you will need a 1000/1 if you stick with jl on the amp too. i think you can get a soundsplinter rl-s for that price. and from what i here that is on of the ultimate sql subs. also the si magnum very good sql driver. i avent hear the rd audio alpha v.2 yet but when i get my 2 15s ill let you know how they sound. but from talking to steve and hearing what people have to say about it .. it is a damn good sql driver that can music clean and loud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
what are the prices like?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2180
they are all around 500 i believe.

Bronze Member
Username: Nothingis2loud

Taylorville, Illinois United states

Post Number: 62
i got 4 used 13w7 for sale @ 500 per

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1415
jacob, honestly the W7 cant hang with drivers in the same price range. you want a killer SQL sub? get an RD alpha V.2 15 is right around 450 or so i believe. if you want more SQ and less loud, go with something like an SI mag

PM showrides or kevin holden for pricing and order info on RD equipment

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Thanks Trey yea i'm more or less looking for a sql sub..but since i have very little knowledge of audio equipment...could you tell me exactly what a sql sub would sound like...i realize spl is loud deep bass right? and sq is sound quality...is sql a mixture of both worlds? and i wasn't stuck on the w7 i've just heard some great reviews on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
you happen to have a website handy i can check out those subs trey?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1417
rdaudio.net

also checkout Ficaraudio.com, ddaudio.com, audioque.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
i know audioque won't ship to canada i already saw that on their site but i'll definately check out the other ones...all sql or sq subs? i'm not really into spl...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
lol rd audio a 4000 watt spl subwoofer....i'm guessing that kinda wattage you really only want if you're going to a competition hey? i don't wanna be hittin that hard...i was thinking i'd like to stay under 1000 watts somwhere in the range of like 750 watts...like the elite 1000 watt sq subwoofer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
the 9300 series subs by dd would be nice...what are the prices like on them...also the 2500 series?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1418
dont think they make them anymore. 9500 is 650 shipped i ebelieve. not the best for a daily driver because it takes a lot of power to get them moving. i would reccomend RD alpha just because of efficiency.

the 3500 series from DD would fit you needs well. or an RD alpha both with 2k or even 1K would still be loud

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2188
i agree with tre i think the rdaudio alpha is the way to. it is highly eff. so 1000 watts will get t moving just fine. yeah kevn from low hertz can get you all hooked up. i can get you his email if youd like

Gold Member

Post Number: 1419
OR maybe even 2 15" RD classics (each are 500 RMS) and you would be quite loud n still sound good. (if you do get classics make a sealed box)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
the classic 500watt sq subwoofer from rdaudio would be nice 500 watts that's rms hopefully right? i tried looking for an e-mail but they don't have one...what's their price? i'm a little skeptical about buying off someone from the web...but if you have good feedback from others i don't mind.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
$210 not a bad deal at all for a sub...damn trey you have a messenger or something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1420
if you have aim get at me on AIM trey4sports

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 269
what about the 18" soundsplinter i want one for my ht sub but thatll be awhile before i do that

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
well i've decided to go with for now 1 classic 500 watt sq subwoofer from rdaudio...now i just need an amp and box for it...can someone help me out?

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12527
" rdaudio alpha is the way to. it is highly eff."

^^^There not as efficient as u think...nice subs though

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
well i'm getting a 12" alpha series v.2 sub...with their 1000.1 amp...for $725 shipped...not bad for a first timer?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2189
a very good choice esp since most start with entry level systems.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1423
i cant think of any mainstream 12's that will keep up with that sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us