15HD3 + SAE-1000D = !!!!!...... not working? Help

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 515
Ok, so I got my box carpeted this morning and terminal cup installed and I am ready to mount this sucker. I twisted both positive wires on the hd3 together, and did the same with the negative wires. Then, I twisted the positive wire that was soldered inside on the terminal cup to the already twisted 2 positve wires, so there were 3 wires there twisted together. I proceded to do the same for the negative wires.

I connected my remote wire into the amp, and with the ground and power wire (big 1/0) I connected a piece of 8 gauge wire, about 6 inches long to the end of the 1/0 wire, so it could fit into the terminal, after taping and twisting it up very well, I connected those into the power and ground terminals on the amp.

I then connected the + wire from the back of the terminal to the first + spot on the amp, and the - wire from the back of the terminal to the first - spot on the amp, so the + and - wires were side by side on the amp. I turned the car on, and turned on all subwoofer controls on my HU, and nothing, no bump at all.. I messed around with it a bit, and was wondering if there was something I did wrong. Thanks in advanced.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 516
someone?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2175
Well... I would take it out and remove all the wires first of all. Get a 9 volt battery and check to see if the woofer is working. Double check the amp side and see if there are any shorts and the wires are hooked up securely and with correct polarity. Then, if you got the dual 2 version, wire it like this:

Upload

And iif you got the dual 4, wire it like this:

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5......ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 428
Did you check your Fuses?
Ground?
Make sure Remote is live

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1575
Get a multimeter and check if you have voltage at all the wires you should. Silly Newbs.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 517
Did i wire it correctly? Since the hd3 is direct connection, i twisted the two + wires and then twisted in a + wire that was connected to the + terminal cup. What should my phase, subsonic, and lpf be on?

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 518
Steinke, you can feel free to not post here anymore, your sorry a$s advice isnt welcome here.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3685
you + car audio = disaster

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1576
Aww....Did I hurt your feelings?? Just trying to help ya out wheeler...does your amp even turn on? Cause if not its not how you have your sub wired....so once again. Silly Newbs.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 519
"you + car audio = disaster"

Driving + booze = Ghey SceX

Aww....Did I hurt your feelings?? Just trying to help ya out wheeler...does your amp even turn on? Cause if not its not how you have your sub wired....so once again. Silly Newbs.

Nope, your just an unhelpful n00b.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3421
"Nope, your just an unhelpful n00b."

Charlie don't go calling people a noob when you're here trying to figure out what is wrong with your amp or sub.You don't even know which isn't working.Does your amp get power?(It should have a light somewhere that tells you it's on...) Do you have wires tapping causing the amp to go into protect?Did you try Brad's advice of using a 9volt battery?Make sure you test your power wire with a DMM to make sure it's getting juice from the battery and then check your ground to see if that ground even works after all of this make sure your remote wire is getting current when you turn on the head unit and if all this checks out to be fine check your RCA cables and lastly it could be your sub if all those things are working properly.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 953
first figure out if ur amp is even turning on...

if theres power to amp, either the amp is not putting out anything or u have the sub wiring wrong.

if that is NOT on, check remote wire and groud and ppower.

trouble shoot it man, dont just ask a general question

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 869
the subwoofer won't work because it's angry you're not giving it enough power...and the sundown won't work because you ran 8 gauge to it.....the sub deserves 1500 rms and the sundown deserves 4 gauge....the car audio gods have spoken and they feel as if they've just received a swift kick to the balls...

btw driving and steinke are pretty helpful guys, generally, when you want helpful information, you're nice to the people who offer it...

never bite the hand that feeds you john/charlie

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 505
Did you connect your RCAs? Lol my friend didn't do that once.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11766
if ur HU has a sub on\off feature check that out too .......

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 520
the 8 awg thing is a temporary thing until I get a distrubution block and about 1 foot of 4awg wire. I got it to work, but the amp has so many adjustments that im not sure, like the lpf subsonic filter and something else maybe an equalizer, plus your bass boost and gain. Im not sure what the setting are supposed to be on the other ones, but the sub likes to kick off and the amp goes into protection mode and my gain isnt even high at all. I went with the sae-1000d because it was an extremely good deal, plus I dont have a good charing system, only 1 run of 1/0 to the rear, and stock 110amp alternator, so im playin it easy.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 675
For the lpf subsonic... set it tuned to what ur box is

40hz tune it 2 40hz or 41, just not any lower the what ur box is tuned too

Steinke - a noob HA HA HA... he been here since the 04, and he is always helping out

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4772
you don't set the lpf to the tuning of the box^. set the lpf to around 70 or so. set the ssf to just under the tuning of the box, around 5 or so below. 38hz. box, i'd set the ssf to around 30-32hz.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3040
You don't know how to set the settings on your amp

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 154
dru your a noob too LOL set it to what your box is tuned to lmfao. Go read this site along with charlie reid, bcae1.com and the12volt.com I think its definately a wiring problem if it goes in to protect or that weak azz 8 gauge wire is not pulling enough current to give to the amp.....

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 521
im gonna pick up about a foot of 4awg today and solder it to the end of my 1/0 wire, and set the settings right.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 678
i was told the subsonic filter should be set not lower than the box.... and im pretty sure i read that from BCAE1.... if not i read it from some where

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 870
buy a fluckin distribution block before you light your damn car on fire, it's like 6 dollars and it'll be 100x safer and easier than soldering 4 gauge onto 1/0

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 187
LOL wtf just read that d@mn. Maybe if you soak the amp in the pool it would work? Like your flare port worked when you soaked it on the pool? Good luck

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 876
^HA...HA HA

no shut up now, pool jokes never were funny and they never will be, the kid found something that worked and used it...then he learned how to do it correctly, please mr reece, change your name so i don't ever confuse you with brassler, and take the time to learn the first thing about making posts that are worth anyones time

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 188
ROFL i see hes your bf now so does he soak his d1ck in the pool before you suck him off?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 386
haha ^^^ this thread is great

Silver Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 879
yes please...btw you can leave whenever you want

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 539
Lmfao wow just got back, what a thread this has turned into. Jcash aka Reece doesnt know the first thing about building boxes, or hooking up an amplifier, so im not quite sure why shes here, thanks tho cal, i got it werkin.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 826
can someone fill me in on the basis behind all the pool jokes towards charlie? this is like the 4th thread i've seen someone make a pool joke and i missed the foundation of the joke.

Silver Member

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 540
Rob, put it this way, the next time you say something 'noobish' or 'ignorant' on this forum, it will stay with you until the day you die. The pool jokes are attempts from some retarded members here to be funny and make a friend by sharing common ground 'both having the desire to pick on someone for their once ignorance in a certain subject' They do this in an attempt to make them feel better about themselves at the end of the day, so they can sleep with a smile on their faces, knowing they put someone else down, it must give them a tingley sensation inside.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 827
that didn't answer my question

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1416
charlie was new to kerf cutting and stuck his wood in the pool to soak so he could easily bend it

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 156

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 638
never gets old... still very funny!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us