New Box!! (pictures)

Silver Member
Username: Kicker101

Alberta

Post Number: 130
SO i took my old box and refurbished it. It use to have a 12" clarion in it. I took every thing out, took off the carpet and sanded it down. I tuned the box, fillied any gaps with filler then stained, and clear coated it. It sound pretty good now but looks even better. it pounds okay for a little 300 watt sub, but its my old system anyway.....take a look.......

Upload the bare box after stripping it and sanding it down....

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
UploadAfter Stain was applied...
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The new setup!!!
Upload
Upload
Upload
UploadThe old Claerion...bevlive me i bet this is one of the finest 12" 300wtt single vc you can buy. Nice sound quality and pounds decent
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1553
Plywood box FTL.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1315
wat kinda wood is that?

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1316
yea i was gon say that def looks like ply lol some ppl use birch wood or w/e but that looks like plywood to me lol

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 279
Yeah, that is plywood, looks to be A-C or B-C grade sheating plywood, same sh!t used for sub floors and roofing.

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 895
Your going to love those L7s trust me but i hope you dont put them in a plywood box cus they'll tear that b!tch up

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 509
aww give him a break, other than choice of materials, the box looks great man, I give you mad props.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2159
That is solid core ply as you can see in the third pic... despite a little flexing it will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3412
I think it actually looks kinda neat...

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 510
It's easy for people on here to criticise you left and right, but really most em couldnt build a nice looking box like that.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 281
Steinke,

There's not damn thing wrong with using plywood for a subwoofer enclosure, hell, I would build every enclosure out of Cabinet Grade Birch, Baltic Birch or Sande Ply if it were not for the cost associated with those materials and those willing or not willing to pay that cost.

The only reasons for MDF being used is cost and the fact that MDF is the most resonantly dead material for such purposes.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8116
I've used plywood in the past and always made sure to use damping material on all interior sides. I never noticed any resonant problems. And as Phil states, MDF is just the cost effective smart choice anyway, unless you have no $$ and have the plywood already.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 496
i think that box looks badzazz

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2168
i ove that finish. i ink tha would make a sexy home woofer box. it looks real classy with that finish. i dig it

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2169
i love that finish. i think that would make a sexy home woofer box. it looks real classy (exspensive lol) with that finish. i dig it

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1561
Well maybe I was misinformed then because from what I always heard there are issues with boxes made from plywood not sounding as good and also flexing a lot. I do like how that box looks dont get me wrong I guess I was just wrong about the properties of plywood. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 659
I love the way it looks man...Props,

IT looks better than the Zebra Box lol... Logan jk calm down

it that gonna be for a Home Theater HT or w/e u wanna call it... that would look really nice in a home

I'm gonna build a ht box with either AA Fi or Rd sub in it

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 131
Yeah it looks pretty tight, as for flexing and choice of materials i used 3/4" 7 layer fir..(maybe not the best choice but i was 14 at the time) but yeah i cant wait to get thoes kicker bagnin..what kinda wood, would u guys suggest for thoes????

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3298
Ply FTL but im not going to rag on that since he said it was a old box... prolly built before he knew much about box's im guessing. But it still looks nice. What kind of setup are you using the kickers for SPL?

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 133
yeah 100% SPL.. and yeah i did build that box a long time ago..

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3847
go with mdf for your kicker box and double baffle cause you will need it.

Silver Member

Alberta

Post Number: 135
whats heavier spruce or mdf? i can spend some money on the wood,,, do u still suggest mdf?....and yeah ill have to double up my baffel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us