Massive Audio 3000.1 or MA Audio HK4000D?

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 458
Dont flame me for this question. I know MS has expressed his dislike for MA Audio but i need some opinions. To my amazement the MA HK is more money that the massive amp. i had that visonik and the piece of sh1t blew on me. however before it blew my subs thumped HARD. i was wondering if this amp although its rated lower will get as loud as that visonik. also how good of a deal can you cut me Kevin?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3408
The Massive might not get as loud but it might not blow up either.I'm also wondering what you did that caused the amp to blow up in the first place.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1541
What kind of electrical system do you have?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14021
i was at a show last year. this dude had the massive audio amp with 12 8" subs in a sealed box. he had the final ohm load at .35ohms. he had enough batteries in the trunk too. anyways, it was running good during practice runs. then when he enter the lanes to bassrace, the amp blew 20 seconds in to the run. so he calls the dealer where he bought it and they quickly brought another. well that one blew 10 seconds in to the run.

just thought i share that story.

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1719
the actually the orion 2500d was louder than a hk4000d on a TL look into one of those

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
those orions are so hardd to find and i hear the new models are not as good.

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

12 Fi Q

Post Number: 352
Ma audio hk802sk...brand new..400 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1554
Electrical system?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3409
He's dodging that question for whatever reason.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2158
^^^^ You would too if you had an 80 amp alt and a big three consisting of 16 gauge wire

Gold Member

Post Number: 3411
^Rofl.How did you know my charging system?!

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 900
ROFLMFAO

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 992
Well, the P3000.1 does not like loads below 2 ohms at all. I would take Massive over MA any day and all day. The Massive P3000.1 can be bought from me at $525 shipped with 2 year warranty. Talk ith Berney on here, he is running 2 of them :-)

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
ive got a 150 amp alt with the big three done and two yellow tops. im plannin on a 300 amp iraggi but with the 150 amp alt it didnt dip below 13.2 with the visonik andd i sat back there with the DMM on the truck battery for about five minutes with it on full tilt. with minimal light dimming at night.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
yea and if berney sees this can you give me a review?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3288
Reming, if you didnt drop below 13.2V you deff werent getting even close to 4K outta that amp... ona 150A alt. but in either case i would pick Memphis over MA to.... power isnt everything when it only lasts a short time. If your trying to save money just get a earthquake PHD5000D they are pretty cheap and what they are rated at... myn lasted about 3 months running at 1ohm... its rated 2ohm minimal.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3031
I seen this awhile ago. Anyways, the Massive p3000.1 is a good amp for the price. Shipping alone is about 35bucks so your actually paying like 390 for the amp and the rest is shipping. For the price, you can't go wrong. As for how it holds up, like anything that does this amount of power, if you got the electrical, it will be fine. Running two to two hd315's with a 260/155 iraggi alt and two odyssey 2150 batteries. These babies hold up quite nicely. And if you buy from Kevin or Ben through Low-hz you'll get the two year warranty. I finally sent my amp back in after months of waiting and Massive still took care of me. Although, Kevin was the one that was able to make it happen. I haven't had any problems from my amps ever since I had them. They will do rated power at 14.8volts and they will do 2680rms at 12.4 or 12.6 volts.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3290
instead of getting MA just plug your sub into a wall and let it blow instead of the amp

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 446
Now Now Now be nice guys. I've never run the Massive but I do Have 2 MA Audio amps. 1 of them being the HK series. Now granted I don't crank the system very often, and I'm not pushing the wattage you guys are talking about. But my HK897 has been just fine for 3 yrs now. Never missed a beat and has never gotten hot.

I'm only running it at 2 ohms, but that is all it is ratted at. I don't listen to a lot of deep base, in fact nickelback is about as bad as I get. But for the $$$ I paid for the amp new on eBay at the time it has been just fine. In fact a lot better than the soundstream I paid more $$$ for, that didn't last a year, And the soundstream was just running the mids.

But as we all know, this whole car audio thing for the most part is just personal opinion. That includes the MECP boys, and ever present high installers.

Hell if Pioneer can set a world record, what do we know.

Just my .02 worth. Even knowing it doesn't count.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3295
But what did it take pioneer to set that record? ;)

IMO pretty much any amp can last for years when not being pushed to hard, but when pushing it to its max limitations it takes a good durable amp to hold that along with the power supply to support it, also it has to keep up in the heat of the hot summer days which is a big cause of amps burning out more in the summer over the winter season.

Its like people say about kenwood amps and power supply issues, ive had a kenwood for my comps. that i have ran well over a year and even pushed 2 DD9515's with for a while its still all good. Its not just what you use but how you use it, but what im trying to get across is when your going for high amounts of power you should look for the quality builds just because of the heat and all produced alot of the cheap stuff lack the right stuff to eliminate it from causing gradual damage to itself. The Kenwood hasnt seen the gain set upto its rated power output except for maybe 3 days. Circuitry 100% perfect condition.

But i still say Massive over MA just because of all the things ive heard about each, also sh1tty companys have sh1tty Customer support for the most part, from what i heard with Berny Customer Support with Massive was good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
yea im gonna go for the massive. and im only gonna run it at 2ohms. my subs are both 2ohm vcs. and when i upgrade the alt it shouldnt skip a beat.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 466
KiLLa to answer your ? "But what did it take pioneer to set that record?"
Her is your answer,
Scott started developing the 2002 Ford F-250 back in May of 2002, he broke it down right to the frame for the construction of the subwoofer enclosures; which currently holds 13 Pioneer Premier TS-W5000SPL subwoofers!

Steel bars were used to reinforce the frame of the enclosure, so that the truck could withstand the enormous pressure that is generated by this silver beast. The windshield was removed and replaced with 2-1/2-inch thick plexi-glass. Each door weighs in at a whooping 200 pounds, both utilizing 1" x 2" aluminum hinges to lock them down in place. The air space inside the truck is vacuum-sealed to prevent air leakage, which is crucial in Sound Pressure Competition.

The truck holds 52 amplifiers, 72 16-volt Turbo Start batteries and three Ohio Generator 285-amp alternators and produces 115,200 watts of power. A Pioneer DEX-P1R is cleverly mounted on a special pod outside of the car to control the system during competitions. Scott uses Scosche Interconnects, exclusively.

And all I can say, I sure would like to have the $$$ they got wrapped up in that thing.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2186
i think he went to kinetik power cells now though

Silver Member

Post Number: 465
thats insane. who is this scott guy. im assuming hes connected with pioneer or owns it. either way, hit me up kevin so i can know how to pay for this amp.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5769
ok about the ma vs massive audio.

massive audio is a great company and great quality amps the amp will produce 3100 watts rms at around 14.4 steady voltage. for the price they are cool. but some of them tent to blow without any reason.

about the ma audio, yes we know ma audio mainstream products are somwhat BAD, but not of them some product of ma audio are really good they got the some subs that are really worth the price, on amps the hk-4000d is a great amp it will do 3600 at 14 volts and for less than450 is a great buy, most of the spl competitors is the easy route and never had problems unless you run them at around .32ohms when is rated at 2 ohms and can take the 1 ohms at burps.

deciding between the massive and ma audio isjust on how much you want to spend you will be goo with both.

who said that ma audio will blow your subs??? htats full of cr@p unless you have a 100 watts max and hook it up at 2 ohms that wil blow yoru sub.

if your thinking the ma audio 4000d will blow your sub cuz of its quality??? get your facts right all the amps will blow your subs if you have poor charging as long you have clean power to feed on the ma audio you will have great performance out of it and your subs will be pretty good.

the ma audio 4000d>massive>earthquakephd5000

^^^^ price,quality,power combined

Silver Member

Post Number: 468
yea the more and more ive been reading about he MA hk4000ds i cant find bad reviews on em. and where did you find a hk4000d for 450 rob?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5772
cant tell ya :-) but i did not knew that you couldnt find them for 500 and under thp but even at 500 is a great deal whenyour ognna see a 500 amp put out 3500 watts rms??

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
well where have you seen them for 500?

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 271
i think on ebay you can get them for around 500...

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
yea im a little wary of ebay though. theres some shady dealers on there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us