Another 2nd battery thread

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 250
ok so i was wondering when i run a second and third battery in the trunk of my car do i need to run a negative wire from the front battery to the rear two or can i just ground the two batteries in the rear to the chassis? I am using 1/0 gauge wire and i will be drawing roughly 200-250 amps of current

thanks,
matt

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6330
The car's chassis is equivalent to 4ga wire. So plan your wiring according to that.
It's not a good idea to mix the starter battery with your aux.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
i would be sticking to the same type of battery and using a battery isolator to keep them seperated. i was just wondering cause for me to run dual runs of 1/0 gauge wire i would have to run them under the car

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 3275
Battery isolator FTW. Just let the system play for a good while and feel your grounds if they are warm at all run a dedicated ground, if not your probally safe... one other thing you can do to test is with your system doing max power output check voltage at the alternator and then check it at the rear, if its the same your fine.. if its more then .1V lower.... then you should run a dedicated ground or double check your grounds are clean and tight.(if the ground is a tad bit warm at the amp that could just be heat from the amp disipating to the wire)

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
ok thanks for your help guys

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 3074
Whats the reason for installing the batteries? Are you in competitions or going to play the system with the engine off?

If not, then theres not much point.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
I am going to be playing the system while the car is off and depending on what numbers i hit i might be competing

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3301
WIth the HDC3's right? How much power you plan to run on them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
I am going to be running the HDC3's. I plan on feeding them 1500 watts rms each. I am actually in need of help on figuring out the tuning for the box...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
nvm you already responded to my other thread
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us