Bridging 4 Channels into 2 with 2 4 ohm svc woofers

Bronze Member
Username: Shorterthanrich

Post Number: 85
I have a seemingly crappy cuspid cpa 2201, 1600 watt 4 channel amp. Thats 400 watts/channel peak, likely little more than 100 watts rms/channel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-07-CHROME-199-1600-WATT-CAR-STEREO-POWER-AMPLIFIER_W0QQi temZ330136933930QQihZ014QQcategoryZ39739QQcmdZViewItem

I also have 2 seemingly crappy linear ultra 300 watt rms SVC 12" woofers.

I want to get the most power I can out of this amp into these subs. I don't want to seriously under-power them with just running 1 channel into each sub.

The info I find online seems to indicate this amp is 2 ohm stable and also bridgeable. I am very hesitant, though. I am not familiar with bridging, or multi-channel amps in general...

How would I wire the amp to bridge it to be 2 channels, getting the most power to each woofer? Diagrams would be helpful if possible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
come on! I need a hand here!

Username: Mattc02

Post Number: 2
This amp is only 2 ohm stable in stereo mode. if your subs are 4 ohm then i would just wire the positive of one sub to the LF posotive on the amp then the negative of the same sub to the RF negative. Thus bridiging the front channel. Then do the same thing for the other sub to the rear channel on the amp. That will give you the most power using both channels. and remaining in 4 ohm mode while bridged.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4730
get rid of cuspid ASAP

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Thank you Matt. I really appreciate the info. LF I assume you mean Left channel output and RF right channel blah blah.

Julio. I know. I got this basically for free. This isn't for me. Its for someone who wants a little bass but has no $$. and I came across this stuff for free, so its worth it for us to try and make it work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us