Squeel!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_victor

Post Number: 14
so im powering 2 6x9s by a 260w amp and everytime i step on the gas im getting this real annoying squeel wat could it be? i NEED 2 get rid of it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3192
That's alternator whine.Try moving your signal cables to the opposite side of the vehicle from your power cable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
alright the signal cables are as far from the power cable as possible but the whine is still there is that just my alternator then?

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 461
What kind of Headunit do you got? Where is it grounded at?

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 305
You can have a bad ground. Try making sure you have a good location and a good connection. Also, I've been told that no only running RCA's close to power wire will cause annoying whine, but that runnin speaker close to the power cable will do the same as well. I've never had it happen to me, only the Power next to RCA cables. Try it anyways, might help. And depending on how you have your set up hooked up, it could be alot of work. So maybe someone can back me up ? Is that true ? I guess if all that fails, you can just have defective RCA's, that happened to my lady freind.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 463
Or he can have a poineer Headunit, Nicholas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
nah i have a kenwood head unit but the amp is grounded straight off the battery

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2354
victor where do you live

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2355
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
middle of no-where idaho

Username: Dj_tipsy

London

Post Number: 7
hmmm look on another thread, i remember reading somewhere about a whining noise, something about the inside on the amplifier, having to sepearte some wires, i will find it and post the link for you...

London

Post Number: 9
Sorry i cannot find the post

Bronze Member

London

Post Number: 11
Sorry i cannot find the post

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2558
Its called a ground loop. Re-ground the amp, HU, bat to chassis wire, and engine to chassis wire/strap.

9 out of 10, its a ground issue.

And power/rca/speaker wires running near/across/under/over/behind ect. will not cause whine.
(unless you have a pair of faulty rcas)

Unplug the rcas at the amp. Is whine gone? if so, reground amp. If not, reground HU.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
well the speakers running off the HU are working fine with no whine, the thing is im running signal wire back 2 my trunk then from my amp signal extension output back to the front 2 another amp only the amplified speakers whine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so anyone have any idea wat it could be?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 447
Well hopefully you said it wrong. But you said the amp is grounded directly off the battery. Not good. Normally battery is more than 3 ft from amp. The amp ground should be 3ft or less from the amp. You might start there is what you said earlier is true.

If that is not the case, I think I would try a different set of RCA's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
no its not grounded from the battery anymore and the ground is 3 feet or less from the amp now but the whine continues so could it b a faulty set of rca's?

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, IN United states

Post Number: 453
that would be mu guess. Are u using shielded RCA's?

Most r anymore, but then you never know. Could also be a bad HU ground. There R just so many things it seems, and they r all a pain in the a*se. All though you never hear of it anymore, it could be some1 put in a set on non-resistor plugs at your last tune-up.

Just double check all you wiring, and make sure things are where they are supposed to be,and all your grounds are good.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2629
Unplug the rcas at the amp. Is whine gone? if so, reground amp. If not, reground HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us