Amplifier advice... whos smart?

Bronze Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 50
i am probably going to buy another 10 inch alpine type r. i already own one and have an alpine mrp m650... would i need a different amplifier or would this one be fine? the rms is 600 watts by 2 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4590
it's fine for 1 of the subs, if that's what you mean. going to need a bigger amp if running 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
yea i might buy another one in a month. so i guessi mgoing to need a bigger amp for two type r's. what should the rms of the amp for 2 ohms be two power two type rs

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4591
since you have dual 4ohm subs, you need an amp that'll do the power at 1ohm. about 1200-1500wrms would be perfect. did you already buy the amp? if not you could get an ed nine.1 now and run the 1 sub at 2ohms and when you get the 2nd sub run the amp at 1ohm. new from ed the amp is about $330 shipped. or if you want to get a really great amp, could go with a sundown saz1500d (what i would do).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
330 is a little too much for me... but no i didnt order the amp yet but that sounds like a good idea... whats the name of that amp and where can i get it from?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4592
which one?

www.edesignaudio.com <--for the nine.1

www.sundownaudio.com <--site for the 1500d.

email kevin at low-hz if going with the sundown, he has the best price i've seen on it. lowhz01@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
with the sundown i can have it hooked up to 1 at the right setting and then when i buy my second sub i can hook it up to and hange settings?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us