Need help to tune new system

Username: Jcp1488

Post Number: 1
Head unit: Pioneer deh3900
Amp: Kicker zx750.1
Sub: 1x 12" Kicker L7 in ported box (wired for 2 ohm load.

Ok i have had this setup for 2 days now, playing it not even knowing how i had my settings. Basically i went in on the head unit and turned on Loudness to high, set my bass to like +3(0-5), and god knows what else(thinking all this controlled the sub). I just wanted a loud boom from my sub lol. The volume on my stereo goes from like 0-60. I cant even turn it past 20, so i am guessing my settings are totally wrong. And can barely hear the words. I am not sure, but with the current settings my speakers distort at volumes 40+ i think. The bass boost is set to like 9, i have the subsonic filter switch on, xover i dont even have a clue pf what it does but i turned it up a bit, and the gain i have set about 1/3 of the way. So PLEASE someone with a lot more experience than me, please help me adjust my settings to give my system the optimum performance it deserves! Thanks!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 411
defiantly don't use the loudness setting. all it does is raise the lows and highs and leaves the mids normal. its crap in my opinion.

as far as your subsonic, set it right under what your box is tuned to. then i would set your lpf to 70-80 or so. all the lpf does is cut frequencies higher than it is set.

if you don't know how to set your gain correctly find an article, there are many floating around that will tell you how to do it correctly. the other settings are up to you and can be set accordingly.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2701
^^^^ Everything he said is right on. And here is the info on how to set the gain:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

(from JL but works for any amplifier)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us