Need HELP!!!!!! PLEASE LOOK!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Arkansas US

Post Number: 30
Alrite i have just ordered 2 kicker L5 12" subs today... and need to power them.....i only have $300 left to spend.. Please help!!! here are the stats..

12" Solo-Baric Subwoofer
(2006 Model)
Dual Voice Coil
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohm [per coil]
Sensitivity: 88.8 dB/w/m
Frequency Response: 20-100Hz
Power Handling, Peak (RMS): 1200W (600W)
Mounting Depth: 6-3/4" (17.1cm)

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 203
so u need 1200wrms @ 1ohm

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 204
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4199

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2673
Not to be a d!ck but you've been at the forum since october of 06 and you bought L5s? You haven't heard how bad they are?

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 208
^^^x2

Bronze Member
Username: Haydog_08

Arkansas US

Post Number: 31
well have yall ever owned one?????? one person does not like it they go saying bla bla kicker L5 sucks....soo then everyon believes oooo dont buy thoes....I have 1 L5 right now and its my favorite sub i have owned....it gets really loud for one 12" and hits harder than most two 10" subs...im not trying 2 be a dick or anything...but go find someone who has 2 L5's and then come back and say how bad they suck....go try it....

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 247
i have installed many kicker subs. and most of the time its L5s because they are cheaper than L7s. I must say that most of the time they do sound like crap but there have been a few times they sounded pretty good. In those cases, the person had a high end head unit with a nice eq, and a pretty dang good amp. and and a custom enclosure. So IMO you can make a kicker L5 sound half way good but if your install lacks anywhere you will know... And people will say that install always matters with any sub and it does. but some subs are build so well and are so efficient that u can have a not so god install and still sound great.

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 248
i would suggest a sealed box..dont buy the prefab ported one because they are hit or miss, sometimes u might get a good one and other times the box sux

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2705
" most of the time they do sound like crap "

That's half the reason I don't like them. The other half is the high failure rate.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 708
i used to own 2 10" L5's n' they fvuckin sucked. MS didnt even have to find me either. L5's suck and sound like sh!t! mah 1 12" DD is louder and sounds better. sry to burst ur bubble! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 456
my two L7s use to sound like sh!t but get loud in a prefab and now i got an EQ a nice HU and made a box built to specs and the SQ is not too bad compared to before i mean its still on the crappy side but for getting that loud the SQ is decent better then some 15" audiobahns i use to have louder and sound better but thats just my opinion

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 820
Shoot me an email if you want a good amp.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 618
what other subs have ya owned??

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 619
ok and dont buy that hifonics, theyre decent amps, but for 240 bucks you can do much better. Check out some new kicker kx1200.1, unfortunately the zx1000.1 is 2+ ohms stable, so you cannot use it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us