Soud level??

Bronze Member
Username: Sb052287

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 16
Im using a ZX750.1 so probably around 800-900 watts rms? and i have a 14.3 volt 100 amps alternator (brand new). I am using 4 guage wire. I have no capacitors. How can i stop my bass going from loud to not so loud it fluctuates on its own i think its a volt drop but im not too sure got any tips or anyhting i can do to fix it? Yes my headlights and interiors lights dim a little when the bass hits.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 193
Big 3 Upgrade, you have to remember that the alt feeds power to everything. 900rms is eating up most of the 100amp alt.. then you have all the other electrical needs in your car.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4641
^^^^^x2. Batteries can be helpful.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2672
Voltage dropping to 12.5 volts an up is normal and can't really be eliminated. If the voltage drops below 12.5, you alternator is not producing enough power and you need an HO alt.

Bronze Member
Username: Sb052287

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 20
well the lights dim a little when the bass hits not majorly so a cap will fix that tho right?

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 242
the cap might fix short term problems but caps are known for causing problems down the road...a big three upgrade is worth trying and u wont have to do a big 3 later the next time u put together a system that will need it

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2685
Capacitor will not fix a damn thing

Silver Member

Murray, KY

Post Number: 244
and i said might,, there have been a few cases that the dimming go away for a while but in the end u will have more problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us