Need some help on an amplifier

Username: Loudstrat

Post Number: 1
hey guys Im new to this forum and would like some knowledgable opinions. I would like a suggestion for a new amplifier.
Currently this is my setup: I have six 12" Memphis M3 subwoofers in a sealed wedge powered by 2 Alpine MRD-M1001 amplifiers. Since I dive I stratus sedan I know of no alternator upgrades available. Currently I have a grounding kit and a Stinger SPV70 in addition to my regular battery. I am seriously considering the Memphis 4kw Mojo amplifier but not sure if the electrical system can handle it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4410
nope, your stock charging wont handle that amp.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4411
here's a few alts.:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics_dodge-stratus_W0 QQfcdZ2QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQfsnZIraggiQ20AlternatorQ20andQ20ElectronicsQ QfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ35089818QQsofpZ0

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 791
Ctmike, don't play does he haha.

What voice coil is your subs?

Kevin

Post Number: 2
Those alts dont work with my car, I have a 2001 2.7L stratus. Gus at Ohio Generator said that he tested a stock alternator from my car at 160-170 amps. He hasnt gotten around to making due to the fact its a square coil or something. My subs are 4ohm dual voice coils. Id like to stay with Memphis but I wanted to know of any other high power amplifiers that can do about that same power and be easier on my electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4639
if you wanna keep it stock, then add batteries and BIG 3 all the way.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2662
No way to run 4000 watts on a stock alt. Just not gonna work.

Post Number: 3
Ive seen some people have more than one stock alternator. How hard is it to set up dual alternators? Also, is it as beneficial as getting an aftermarket high power alternator? Ive seen cheap alternators on ebay and depending on the cost to install one, should be much cheaper than getting an aftermarket one, at least I hope so

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2708
The custom brackets needed would be very expensive. More than an HO alternator.

Post Number: 5
why are the brackets so expensive? How much are we talking here?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2804
Ummm, because they would have to be custom made...... and in most cars there isn't even enough space under the hood to do it.

Post Number: 6
Okay that makes sense. Ill have to check it out. Cause I really want to get a more powerful amplifier.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2863
HO alternator then. You're going to need the biggest one you can find to run an amp that big.

Post Number: 7
Well none are on the market to my knowledge. The only kinds I know of are ohio generator, mean green and stinger. Are there any other companies that make HO alternators? Also would you suggest a amp other than the Memphis 4kwMojo? Thank you

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2873
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

http://www.motorcityreman.com/

For an amplifier I would suggest an RF t40001bd or DD Z1. Ratings on both are BS, the RF will do 4500 and the Z1 does 4000 at LEAST. And I know ther are a few other I can't think of.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 443
I have actually seen a car with 12 alternators in it. It is driven by a 72 year old woman who is currently involved with JBL. The alts are connected to the inside of the hood.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us