Herculiner double as sound deadener?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2827
I was looking at this stuff for my box, looks good but I let some dry to test it and it seems what ever you paint with it may also be sound proofed, good sh!t. I bought the kit so there is a one gallon of it, should be enough to do the box, which I preresonned and sanded to give it bite and I will do under the rear deck and the whole area between the shock towers. I thik because of the grit it will also give the expanding foam a good hold on everything when I seal it all up. I will post pics when I start...Polo. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12845
good sh!t man. can't wait for the pics.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 544
yeah i did mine yesterday with herculiner bedliner and the roll on kit.. its drying right now

looks sweeeet

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 545
it takes a long time to put on.. roll too fast and the stuff will fling off the roller..

i put paper on the bottom than left about an inch gap so it wouldnt stick to the paper

this morning i flipped it over and painted the bottom of the box while filling in the inch gap that i missed

i got the $29.99 can at autozone.. still have some left over and i used 2 layers..

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2828
Mike did you use there roller, from what I heard there ia a difference in standard rollers (theres is textured). Now did anyone try to brush it on and if so did it come out smooth or??. I want to paint the port area but that needs to be smooth. Also how strong is this sh!t, does it make your box feel tougher? Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4258
Huh, I didn't see herculiner at my autozone... It was a differnt name product. I put up a post recently on how I did it... I used flec stone and then spray on bedliner over it. I love the way it came out. Also, polo, don't sand with anything fine as if you were painting it. Use something real gritty like 60 grit. Otherwise the roller will slide instead of roll. Good luck man I wanna see how this herculiner turns out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us