DD's Got Stolen

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Digital DesignsElemental De...

Post Number: 94
My 2 DD2512's got stolen this past thursday night...late post because ive been tryin to figure out who the hell did it...damn thing is the car was parked 2 feet from the house i was inside with 4 friends, another vehicle was parked behind my car and one next to my car...i have a ported box made out of mdf that is almost 3 feet long, about 70 or so pounds with the subs in it and they carried it down the driveway while the door was open in the house, only the screen door closed but i could not see my car from where i was at....did not expect this to happen since i live in a small country town like area but i guess it can happen anywhere...the one time i didnt lock my fkin doors....450 dollars gone...just got them after xmas too

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2693
damn, sorry to hear about that man.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2386
Thats hard luck man. You need an alarm that goes off when a door opens or volatage changes.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 820
wow, thats a heartbreaker

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1059
yea dude that sucks hope u find out who did it

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 730
how would you get an alarm for when the voltage changed?

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 821
an alarm thats hookt up and it just monitors the voltage, so when you change it (I.E. open a door if ur dome light comes on it will trigger the alarm sound.) its pretty simple and effective

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1511
"how would you get an alarm for when the voltage changed?"

i dont think that would be too necessary, anyways.

my alarm is pretty cheap but the way it works is a dome light sensor. if one of my 5 doors, including hatch, is opened the dome light goes off, making the alarm sound.

there is also the vibration sensor. taps and bumps will make it chirp and more violent hits will actually sound the alarm.

the light lets me know if the alarm has chirped or actually been set off when i come out the next morning. it also lets me know immediatly if someone has programmed another transmitter to operate my alarm. it should also chirp a few times upon starting for up to 48 hours incase you dont notice the light pattern.

Username: Jayzbent

Post Number: 1
I hear ya man mine got ganked last Sunday night they got my DD3512 sub box and 2 PPI amps plus my MBR70. Whats messed up is they did it even with my alarm going off. I didn't even hear it. My neighbor called and said someone breaking into your car and I got up by the time I got out there they where gone. Man I hope you had insurance? I didn't but I got my homeowners to cover mine. But still it sux and its lowdown. I feel for ya bro.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1720
Trevor

Sounds like a inside job check your friends.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 317
Heh, I got all my stuff in the trunk and my box is too big to be taken out, and my subs are on the backs of my seat. The things you pull to take the seats down are hidden very well. Also this weekend im making a switch to hide in my car that has to be on for the trunk to even open. Cheap, and easy.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 339
hey nick how did those tracks sound on your system?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2373
I never thought my stuff could be stolen out of my old car. First off, I had a false floor with the amps mounted in it, screwed down to these boards which were bolted to the chasis. THEN, I had a 60 pound box with a nearly 40 pound sub sitting on top of that. The box was way to big to fit out the trunk so the back seat had to be taken out. But still to get the box out, you had to bend the rear deck.

I thought it would be nearly impossible to steal.

After I sold the car with everything installed in it, I heard it got stolen. EVERYTHING was stripped from this install:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/213278.html

I feel bad for the guy I sold the car too.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1308
That sucks man.... dayum this seems to be an epidemic lately. I never install anything of value in a car unless I have a quality two-way pager installed. If anyone so much as taps my car I am out there in less than two minutes ready to take someone out. I also use Loctite and reverse thread security screws on amps, sub box to floorboard, and subwoofer to box connections, so it would take quite awhile to even think about how to get it out.

The only time I ever really worry is if I am at a Padres or Chargers game and it would take me awhile to run out there. But that's why I make my friends drive usually.

Even though some dickhead companies make "universal security-bolt bit kits" now, it is still much better to use them because most of the punk kids that steal stereos won't have them. And Loctite adds another layer of protection (and precious minutes to reach your car).

http://www.tamperproof.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 339
Trevor, how much you want for your eD?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2794
time to get to the head busta out... it shouldnt be to hard to find out who it was... if not many people where there.. listen for your sounds! lol but that sux... id wanna kill sum1 if they jacked me

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Digital DesignsElemental De...

Post Number: 95
me and my friends have a couple ideas who might have done it....chased down a guy that had a shi**y blazer with a system that i never heard before yesterday that was part of the group of people i think may have done it(decent systems aren't very common where i live)...and no i dont have insurance on my system either....if i dont find out who did it, im out on the money....so pissed i coulda bought 2 more 12's like i wanted to but now i have to buy my same subs back....i'll make sure this wont happen again....always lock doors and set alarms from now on ftw.....they didnt get my ed nine.1 but sry not lookin to sell it hopefully buy another this summer actually

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 565
not looking to rub it in, cuz getting jacked in anyway sucks. But at some point they probably heard you bumpin and got jealous. I never bump residential or by alot of people...

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 318
"I never bump residential or by alot of people..."

90% of the reason why I have a system is to bump around alot of people and show off :D .

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 395
x2...x2.....x2....thats what systems are for :-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1728
This is what happens when a GOOD company can't supply the demand.

Post Number: 2
Yeah it sux when you been working on getting a system togther for months and months and just to have someone take it in a matter of minutes its BS. I went and set up motion sensors and nightvision cams on my house along with motion lights. I also ordered a new viper xv791 for the low low so now I am hoping if I redo my system. I prey for them to come back again cause next time they get crippled up cause I will shoot them in their kneecaps lol.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2826
A lot of people think that parking a car in the garage is safe, it isn't. Recently we have had garage break-ins, there is just too much cover in there for anyone to ever notice, gives them time to work. I now park my car outside and the alarm sets intself in 60 seconds if I forget. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6209
Want to know the cheapest alarm you can have? Hide a pit bull in your car. Those suckers will never let go of their prey.
What you can also do is assemble the box(make it slightly bigger than the trunk opening) inside the trunk. That way, it'll be impossible to steal it once the glue on the box hardens.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2591
"Want to know the cheapest alarm you can have? Hide a pit bull in your car. Those suckers will never let go of their prey.
What you can also do is assemble the box(make it slightly bigger than the trunk opening) inside the trunk. That way, it'll be impossible to steal it once the glue on the box hardens."

Since when are Pit Bulls cheap?First the cost of the dog and all the shots,then you have to feed it and all that good stuff.It costs a lot more than a high end alarm in the end.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6210
It was assumed that most people living in a "small" town owns a dog or 2. Go visit a farm and you'll see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2593
Heh,us city folk wouldn't know I guess.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6211
If you look at Trevor's post, he said he was living in a small town.
World's best alarm will never beat a "live" dog, unless the crook uses a gun.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2596
I don't know about you Isaac but I also wouldn't subject my dog to being trapped in a car by him/herself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2597
Although I don't really like your idea for a few reasons,I know I wouldn't go near a car with a mean a s s pit bull inside :-)

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 411
yea that sounds legit jason. What exactly is the viper xv791 tho?

Post Number: 3
My bad must be this laptop sometimes type gets screwed up I meant Viper 791xv Paging alarm. I have the Clifford 2.0 but after Sunday I am switching and next time I will make a lower plate for my stuff to get bolted with square headed screws too so it won't go anywhere.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1064
hey brad that is an awsome site im thinkin of gettin a bunch of them screws, do they give u like a screw driver witht the bolt pattern on it? and how much would it cost to get them, cuz i was thinkin id screw the sub in the box with them screw the box to the floor and the amp to an amp rack so thats like 20 or so screws how much do u think thatd run me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us