Sub enclosure question

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 720
ok so i cut out my holes for my box today and i think i made one a little bit too big. what could i fill it with so that it wont move and it will still be tight?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6503
Holes for the sub? If so you need a close cut for your screws to properly set.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 322
well i dont think it has to be tight as long as there is enough surface area to seal the sub against the baffle.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 726
well they dont fit snug in the hole...they kinda move around so do you think it would be fine as long as i can still srew them in? wouldnt that be tight enough

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 729
bump

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 336
if you can still screw them in and they seal against the piece you're mounting them to then it should be fine. how much do they move around?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 731
they only move to the side...it not that bad but if i can screw it down then it will be sealed right??

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 618
Are you saying the hole to mount the subwoofer is too big? IE. a 10" sub and you cut out a hole with a diameter of lets say 11"?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 732
yea but its not off an inch... it only wiggles in the hole and moves slightly...is there something i can use to help seal it up a little?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 619
Why not build a second baffle for it and make a hole the correct size? Is that an option? If the box is all assemled already, and you don't mind the cosmetics effects of doing so, you could always just attach a secon baffle onto the front of it. It would just very slightly effect the boxes internal volume, and it looks just fine.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 733
what if i did this...cut out the whole dimension of the subs and then put a piece of wood on teh inside and cut that to the right mounting size. so it looks like the box is built around the subs. do you konw what i mean? kinda the opposite of what you said lol

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 735
and i just have to put on the other side ot the box to complete it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11503
if it slack like 1/8" right around yet the screws still hold firmly creating a good seal then dont worry about it ....

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 736
it might be more than 1/8" tho...well we will havt o see when i mount the subs in again

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 738
bump

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 739
anymore oppinons?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 741
has anyone ever did this before??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4757
i think your fine. you could always just install the subs in there, power it up, and see if you feel ANY air comes out of the box around the sub-cutout
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us