Who on here runs 18" sub(s)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2369
I am thinking about getting my DD 9515 reconed to a 9518 when they come out with 18" standard cones for the 95 series (they have them for the 35 so 95 can't be too far away )

Anyways there is someone trying to tell me that it won't sound as clean as a smaller sub, I say BS.... can someone back me up on this?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1782
Im with you man...a good 18 will keep up with a smaller sub...it jus may not do as well in the high bass...but who cares lol.

BTW im runnin a 9918, which is a 9500 motor w/ 9900 softparts, u could try that if u wanted.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6483
When I upped my 15" Mag to the 18"Q all that was noticeable was a deeper response. IMO the 18" held it's ground with the 15". There was a difference, just nothing to stop the press for. The difference in cone area more than made up for the slight drop in the sharp response the Mag shines at. All subjective to the application I guess.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2373
Really? I always thought cone size didn't make a difference, that it was just the suspension and motor.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2779
when do they realease the 9518????????? Ill be right on sending my 9515's in to be turned into 18's

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6485
What I meant by cone size was difference in response. My application of my Q requires looow tuning pushing alot more air. A trade off I was willing to make. Don't get me wrong, the Mag hit deep and hard, I just wanted to compare the two.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2382
IDK when the 9518 gets released, but I'm watching closely, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1509
im running a pair of 18" Fi BLs and they seem to be loud just about anywhere.

and they are nice and punchy, like people say they shouldnt be because they arent a 10"... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2325
^^ same with my 18" Q's before one of them fu@ked up...

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2326
Tremor, whats the power application your exceeding into such phenominal subwoofers?? lol

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1512
1 memphis mojo 2000d.

modded and running daily at 1 ohm...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us