New burp box is completed 48hz 3.5cu

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2771
one of my DD951's is now in the burp box... Its 3.5cu 48hz and is loud as fu<k for 1 sub and it still sounds sorta decent on alot of songs but when it gets to the low lowss... not so much lol.. i still havnt used test tones which is the point of the box really... but im doing that right after this post... i finished it yesterday but was running late on a bunch of stuff so didnt have the time... i also ran out of paint while doing the port... ill finish it when i get some time..

38inchs wide, 18inchs tall, and like 19 deep the port is about 7.25 wide it still would need to be in modified class tho :\

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1139
nice killa, now lets see a 150

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2156
wow very nice box.....i like the port area too..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2773
Cant wait to give it 6k :-) im getting ready to make a single SQL box for my other one so i can do easy swaps.... im kinda missing my door flexing lows :-(

i never really noticed this before.... but loud doesnt neccicarily mean flex.... thats all in the lows really from what this box compared to the other showed me... with the one sub connected in it same amp (40hz) it flexed alot more.. but its louder on this now.. but i still dont kno if i can say it was louder then the 2 on the phd5000, those things were crazy loud in the 40hz box

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1047
Killa you gonna make it to evansville next weekend ?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11496
sh1t looks good ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2776
not sure yet joe i wanna get it measured on the AC again to check if its higher then before... but i doubt it will be.. but if its close to it im going.. cant check till tomorrow tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 2777
and before anyone else points it out.... i meant to say DD9515 in the first sentence..

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 386
nice killa the box is hot. and i dont think any of us thought u had a 1" DD9500 jk...lol

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1786
nice sized port...good luck on the 150s

ima hav pics of my partially completed box 2moro lol, so b ready...:-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5ED9.1=Boom, New Jersey Audioque...N...

Post Number: 310
Nice box...thats in a Blazer right

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1269
wouldnt i just be louder if u used both ur subs?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3438
good luck with 145

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3439
good luck with 145

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1713
KiLLa

I thought you said you had it meter on a TL and hit 151. And then you said the guy said it was broke or something.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1716
Can anybody find the link he posted before I cant' find it. please help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2781
it a long story joey, i had it done on a TL but alter found it was broke and then did it on a AC. long story id prefer not to get into because it will take over this thread haha

Why not use 2? There is somthing funky with the amp i am using at the moment and it doesnt stay on at 1ohm right it goes into protect at the lows, its 1ohm stable but somthing is wrong with it, works fine at 2ohms tho... if i ran it at 4 the subs would only get like 400rms each..

Its a 99 Blazer

Ill ask this one more time to.... Does anybody going to the Evansville comp have a 3-4K amp at .5ohm or 2ohm.... i will pay them to let me borrow it just for the comp.. id rather give the sub alot more power then 1300-1400rms

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1272
u gettin a new amp so u can use both the subs again?

Gold Member

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2817
yea, im only messing with single subs right now since im limited to 1400rms until i get a new amp. Im going to test SPL and SQ between boxes and stuff for the mean time. Im getting ready to build a new box for the other sub for SQL im trying maybe 36hz this time and about 5cu, i still need to make a amp rack to but i dont have my "FINAL" amps yet.. so i cant.. but that will be going to the right where the battery is and if i get 2 amps (if i go with 2 3K amps instead of a 5K+ amp) i will put the other on the left, but i want it to be out of the way of the box so i can swap boxes in literally seconds.. swap from SPL to SQL.. im not liking the SQ on this box at all it still gets fairly low for the tuning but it cant compare to the old box but it is def. loud. I wonder how it would sound with 2 boxes tuned different playing at the same time... say 40hz and 45hz... peaky? lol

Gold Member

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2818
Snarl... do you power your mids\highs from an amp? I was wondering if you get a slight FUZZ noise when you turn the earthquake on if you do amp your comps..... every earthquake ive had did it. But ive never had anything under the phd5000
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us