Amp for rl-p

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 62
ok well i just blew my amp last night and now im searching for a new one. i had a 2000 watt profile and i was pretty happy with it. it was pushing 960 rms at 4 ohms bridged. i am now looking for an amp that would be well suited for the rl-p and give me about that much power or will at least make it as loud as the profile did. i was wondering if there is anything else out there that would be a better buy than the profile cuz you can get them for like 170 to 200 which isnt that bad for the power you get. im open to any suggestions as long as the price isnt rediculous. im looking to spend like maybe 250-300 if its worth it. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1058
wat is it 2 or 4 ohm dvc?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
o um is a dual 2 so i could wire it in 1 or 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 218
Anything that is quality that does between 500 and 1200 watts. The new Sundown SAE 1000D would be a nice match.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
any other suggestions. i really like what ive read about sundown 1000D. where can i buy one? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4367
you have to wait until they start selling them. they just started to send out the preordered amps so i can't imagine to much longer. could also look into a zed audio minilith. great amp and can be bought at www.soundsolutionsaudio.com for $250-260 shipped if i remember right. i'd definately look into that amp. 600wrms @ 1ohm and underrated to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
HIFONICS BRUTUS BXI SERIES BXI1206D what about one of those? are hifonics any good? what are good brands that are reasonably priced? thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
or would this be better? Memphis 16-MC1000D Amp ive heard memphis makes incredible amps so i thought it would be worht the money. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4600
jes, hifonics is decent but i'd pick CTmike's suggestion. Zed audio is one of the greatest ever, they've done amps for lanzar,hifonics,autotek and many others. All their lines were top notch.

I'd pick one of them if i had the chance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
yea but now the pre order is up and now its like 400 bux for one of them and thats too much for me. i was looking for around 250 for an amp i know the budget is kinda low but its all i got. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Post Number: 29
imo if i were u i would look into the memphis,kicker, or a sundown maybe even a massive audio but the zed minilith is kind of week

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4368
zed amp is kind of weak? do you know what your talking about?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4604
bad post justin :s

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 772
Either the Sundown 1000D or the DD MB2 would be nice choices for sure :-)

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
US Acoustics USX800F by ZED Audio would this one be a good match? does it really do 800 rms at 4 ohms? which would be better this or a memphis mono block 1100 watt amp? i can get one used for around the same price i can get this one used. thanks a lot for all the suggestions guys!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4386
why are you looking at used amps when for the price of those you can get the zed amp i had already suggested brand new? with warranty? get the zed i posted above, you will not regret it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
im just worried cuz the one i have now is pushing 960 watts rms and that one only pushes like 600. i want it to still get plenty loud and thats a pretty big rms difference. sorry if im seeming noobish but like i want the best possible thing i can get to make it still sound really loud. thanks for all the help.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4389
doubt your really seeing 960w from your profile, but you will see 700wrms from the zed, possibly more. contact them, they'll tell you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
ok so you would definately go with the zed audio hands down? are profile still like decent amps? just curious how much better the zed audio amp would be. do you think it would still get loud enough for me? will the sub sound any better? i swear these are hte last of my questions and i will stop bugging you i just really want to make the right choice uno? thakns soo much you have been a huge help!

Bronze Member
Username: Wrencher

Brighton, Illinois USA

Post Number: 46
That Zed is a top of the line amp. Those other brands you mentioned (except the US Amps)are not even in the same catagory. I have owned various Zed built amps for the last several years and have always been very pleased. I now have a Minilith too and it will surprise you. You will not beat the quality for that price. As ctmike said "you won't regret it".

http://www.zedaudio.com/products.html

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 269
www.soundsolutionsaudio.com has ZED and Sundown.

Email support@soundsolutionsaudio.com for a price on the Sundown.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
i already ordered the zed minilith on sunday. thanks for all your help guys. the site says the order is still processing i sure hope not. i want it to get here im so excited. o yea does it have a bass nob control? that would be great if it did but if not o well i guess ill get over it, it was just nice to have it on my old one and i already have the wire run and everything. thanks guys for all your help!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4412
nice selection!! post pics of your setup when you get the amp installed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4636
"doubt your really seeing 960w from your profile, but you will see 700wrms from the zed, possibly more. contact them, they'll tell you".

A friend did a benchtest on that amp, 920w rms BTW ctmike

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4414
wow, even more than i had thought. i knew somewhere between 700-800wrms but damn, 920w. makes it an even better buy than.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
see thats why i loved that thing it is a good amp for that price. i thought about just getting another one of those. i hope you didnt stear me wrong with the zed! hahah just kidding man i want to see what that thing can do. i cant wait to get it in.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 274
Jes, the system says processing until the customer has their product. Thank you for choosing the ZED. If anyone has the new CA&E Magazine, you can see the stellar review it got. A big surprise coming from that magazine since ZED does not pay them huge money for add space.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
yea i kinda figured that by now. i was just hoping for a tracking number so i could see where my baby was haha. gah i hate sitting and waiting. im so impatient.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
well i heard mr. fed ex man this morning so i ran from my room to the front door only to see him cruise right by my house. grrrrr. im getting antsy now haha i want my amp so bad it sux not having a sub its killing me. hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 282
Due to the very tight margin we run with ZED amps, they are all drop shipped out of ZED directly. I would lose money if we shipped them here and then shipped them back out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
still no amp.... its been a week now. kinda sux hopefully it will be here tuesday since they prob wont be delivering tomorrow since its memorial day and all. wow this is taking forever.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 295
I know how you feel, I am waiting for head unit from our distributor and due to the weekend and holiday everything is behind.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
yea it sux. its still not here...........it would be nice to have a tracking number at least.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
ok well while im waiting i got a question. what size fuse should i use to go from the battery to the power wire? right now im using a 100 amp and im pretty sure its gonna be too big. what size should i use now? thanks.

Silver Member

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 305
I swear I replied to this. Board software is wonderful huh? Anyway, 100 is not all that big, but are you running other amplifiers on the same power wire?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
nope just one amp. wow two weeks and still nothing.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
after more than two weeks its finally here!!!! im so excited. and first off ctmike and juliob and all you guys i love you haha. i am obsessed with the sound i get fromt this thing. it sounds sooo good. not quite as loud as the profile due to the 960 rms as opposed to the 600 rms, but it sure does sound a lot better. my lights no longer dim at night too which is nice. few questions though. is it safe if i put the gain almost all the way up and have the bass boost like all the way up? its the only way i can get the volume i like out of it, but i dont want to damage the amp or the sub. i know about clipping and all of that thats why i am worried. also there are a lot of knobs im not familiar with. where should i put the low and high pass filters? what about hte frequency knob what should that be at? and the thing with two power curve looking things what the heck is that? also im running a 100 amp fuse from the battery. should i downgrade to something lower or will 100 amps be ok? thanks a lot!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us