Box stuffing?

Silver Member
Username: Fatkid

tonawada, Ny

Post Number: 198
any one ever stuff there box with the fiber stuff thast supposed to make a difference and sound better? is it worth it? on the mach 5 forum the one guy said that he used house insulation.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 253
i dunno if i'd use house insulation. i dunno for sure but i think that might blow fibers all through your car. not good. yeah it slows down the waves or something and makes it like the box is bigger. i read somethin on it a while ago and sorta understood how it worked but i cant remember it anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 733
i never used it but it is supposed to make your sub think its playing in a larger enclosure. I would only use it in sealed boxes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
apparently you just gotta staple it down in ported...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6462
You can use it to supplement a box's volume that is "undersized". I always thought it was an increase of no more than 15%, however some believe it can compensate up to a 40% difference. Home audio subs use this technique frequently.

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
well give it a try in ported and if it's bad let us know. no way to know for sure without puttin it to the test. try n explain why you wouldnt do something instead of just "i wouldnt do that".

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6463
I've used carpet padding with great results as damping material. Durable, cheap, and available almost anywhere. Easily secured as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
o like instead of dynamat or edead? if thats what you're saying (hopefully it is) then i gotta do that cuz my geo rattles like a b!@tch just with this lil 12 i got on 150 watts. it doesnt even hurt my ears at all after 5 hours and this is the first system i've had. but anyway it'll be worse once i get somethin nicer so anyway the original point of this was that i was thinkin that maybe that stuff would work well for damping so thats good to hear. seen as im broke and my dad has 5 huge rolls of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us