Setting Gain Attempt 1: Failed

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 506
I downloaded the 50Hz song on a cd. lol song..

I set my bass/trebel to 0
I turned my loud feature off
I turned my subsonic filter on my amp off
I turned my bass boost on my amp off
I turned my gain off
I turned the frequency (x-over) on my amp all the way down

I unplugged the speakers set my volume at 37 (out of 50) which is 3/4 of the way up, and touched the DMM to the + and one to the - and had it on Vdc and as i turned the gain up on the amp, the number stayed at 0.00.

Help me troubleshoot! What did I do wrong, where should I touch the ends of the DMM at? is 50Hz the right track to be playing? I appreciate all the advice.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1265
i believe x-over should be between 20 and 100 (middle of the subs playing range. I put mine at like 60 i thinnk

and u unplugged ur subs from ur amp right...?

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 243
dude i find it wierd how you're building and selling boxes but you haven't set your gains before...

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
if i put the xover on 60, the lowest is 50 and the highest is 200 thats barely moving it. I tried it again and still no reading. I unplugged both subs and put the tips of my DMM into the holes of the + and - terminals in the amp. WTF IS WRONG FOR TMFW!?

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
the minimum xover is 50 and the max is 200 so 60 is barely moving it at all. I tried this and still no reading.. I put the DMM tips in the + and - terminals in the amp and still nothing........

WTF IS WRONG FTMFW?

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
why did it post twice?

And I dont find it weird because wood working/carpentry has nada to do with electronics..

In the past I have just set the gain according to what sounds good and have always been successful. I wanted to try to see the difference doing it the 'right way' as opposed to me guessing just to see how close I was.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
its not only wood working. its your design too. it just kinda seems like you're a lil inexperienced to be selling boxes you've built. just my 2 cents. maybe you do a great job but if you haven't set your gains successfully yet it's gonna take a little to convince people your boxes are well designed and well built.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 203
doesnt^^ matter thats why theres subwoofertools.com

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2342
" had it on Vdc "

How the f*ck did somebody not catch this yet, lol. That's the problem, you need it on AC voltage.

" I turned the frequency (x-over) on my amp all the way down "

Turn that up to at least 80 or so.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 782
Wow. GJ M.S.!

An amplifier is nothing more than a DC to AC converter.

DC goes in, AC comes out.

7 replies until the true reason rears its ugly head.

Amazing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
LOL my dad told me Dc =(... Renegadesrun you from lafayette? Im goin to purdue and I live in columbus, IN. Neat lol. Thanks MS

cam I still disagree with you 135%..
"doesnt^^ matter thats why theres subwoofertools.com" EXACTLY! The boxes have no correlation b/t my well designed boxes and durable build..

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4324
well designed? didn't you build a box then ask how to tune it?

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., BUMPIN LOUDE... USA

Post Number: 2849
hell, at least your system was working....I finally got everything hooked up yesterday, and it wouldn't work...finally figured it out...I had left out the fuse on the power wire...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
lol he did that ctmike? and hes trying to build people custom boxes that they are paying for?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 416
"well designed? didn't you build a box then ask how to tune it?"

hahaha.... I read that $hit on one of his threads. And btw, subwoofertools.com or whatever is probably not the best thing to be designing boxes with.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4328
cam, i'll wait to let him answer:-)

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 785
yea John. I live in Lafayette.

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
yeah this is the part where he "forgets about the thread".

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
wierd i refreshed the sub section a few times and it says ren was the last dude to post... hopefully this'll fix it tho.

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
ctmike you were the kid who tried to convince me a zx1000.1 was 1 ohm stable.. Enough said.

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
lol. dont even question ctmike he knows a hell of a lot more than you buddy. and you still havent explained how you think you have the experience to be selling boxes when you just learnt how to tune them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
and if im gonna buy a box then i'll buy it from someone with experience who i know will build something well designed and that will actually have an advantage over me building it. granted some people just want to get a box because they are too lazy to build or dont have the time, tools etc. but they are still better off getting logan to build it or mark potts or ttb logan proved his boxes with that se. you got somethin to prove you build good boxes?

Silver Member

Post Number: 513
lmfao cam ur an ignorant pig. Im not gonna argue with someone who acts like their 12. I have nothing to proove to you and I have built a few boxes recently and have had 0 complaints whatsoever. Your 14 year old punk who can't even drive yet. Why are you even here, and who are you to try an criticize my boxes that you have never even seen.

It's a shame how every other thread ends like these. 2 little pr!cks that think they are better than everyone else. 1 is unemployed, and the others balls havent even dropped.

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
lol funny sh!t man. im 15 btw. i can drive. on the road too if i dont get caught. but i dont cuz i dont want any problems gettin my license. im not criticizing your boxes either. im criticizing you for thinking you can sell people boxes made by someone who is relatively inexperienced. anyway i guess i gotta pull this one again... your balls hadnt dropped by the time you were 15? "one is unemployed"? wtf does that have to do with anything. i can't even figure out what you might think that means here. why am i here? to learn. i dont think im better than anyone else. how the hell did you get that outta what i've been saying? how the hell did you expect someone not to point out the fact that you haven't set your gains correctly yet and you came on here and asked how to tune a box. after you built it. and now you're selling boxes you've built. btw, it helps when you have an actual relevant argument in your post instead of just insulting people. other than claims that can't really be backed. its like going on circuit city to check reviews. we dont know how much experience the people not complaining had.

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
you and ur boyfriend seem to enjoy entering a thread and bringing up topics completely irrelevant to the title just to try to get under ones skin. My balls were long dropped at 15. Yours apparently aren't and its apparent by every statment you make. U are here to learn? Obviously not if the only thing you have said is unconstructive criticism irrelevant to the topic. Again, I already stated above when I came to set my gains 'correctly' Why would you bring up something about a box i built at the beginning of march? I have since learned that if you want a box tuned, subwoofertools is the only way how, and am still awaiting someone to explain how to tune a box yourself without the help of a computer program to do it for you.. It seems as if no one knows how to do that either. Everyone uses subwoofertools or other ported enclosure programs that will spit out your frequency.

"btw, it helps when you have an actual relevant argument in your post instead of just insulting people"
-Please tell me about it, until you begin to say something relevant and constructive to this thread, then please shut your phuckin mouth and leave this thread, your comments are no longer welcome here.

----------END THREAD----------

Silver Member

Post Number: 292
lol dude im responding to what you say. you finally have yourself. me n my boyfriend? and you're telling me what i say is irrelevant. for one thing even if i was g@y that has nothing to do with anything. for two i have a girlfriend and im completely sure about my sexu@lity thanks. i say constructive things when i have something constructive to say. i also express my oppinion when i have one. im sure i could learn to calculate tuning without using a program. i use bbp6 though. and im not gonna say im insanely knowledgable when it comes to building boxes but i knew how to tune a box back in november-december. and im not claiming that my boxes are good. im learnin more n more each time i build one. get more experience before you try and sell your boxes to people without telling them you've only known how to tune them for ~3 months. i've built two boxes and im lookin forward to the next one. i wouldnt sell anyone a box i had made until i knew i had done a really good job and there was nothing i would change about it or go back and do differently.

how many have you built anyway? btw thats just a question. no snickerin or anythin there.

but how can you talk about irrelevancy when you're calling me g@y?

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
you've said the most irrelevant thing in this thread so far. anyway im done here. once you give me your excuse for that im outta this thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 74
why are you arguing with a 15 year old who thinks he has experience lol let the noob flap his mouth. Cam you can come back and talk sh!t if it makes you feel better im not even gonna bother.Little cocksuck3r don't even have hair on his b@lls at 15 thinks hes a man.....

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 456
ROFL treo these kids make laugh lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 294
lmao. i said i dont have experience. i was saying how i didnt have experience and thats why i wouldnt be selling boxes if i was him. not even sure why i care about someone getting ripped off but w/e. how does my age mean sh!t here. anyway. like i said im done. im just waitin for this guy to come back and tell me that he hasnt said the most irrelevant thing in here.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 257
wow...this thread went from possibly educational to retarded. great job to all of those who participated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
i know. it did get retarded but it can go back to educational now. yeah im sorry you guys it's just that when someone does or says somethin way outta line i cant help rippin on em. and he just continued sayin sh!t that pissed me off. but anyway. did you get em set right with the dmm on ac John?

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
I'll save you the humiliation cam.. this thread was over 7 posts ago.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4333
"ctmike you were the kid who tried to convince me a zx1000.1 was 1 ohm stable.. Enough said."

umm, seems you have it backwards. and as soon as i get off work tonight i'll prove it. i'll post the link to the thread where you say it's 1ohm stable. and to make it better that same thread has a link to your old auction for your old kicker amp to which you said you were buying the zx1000.1 for your new pair of type r's (which by the way are dual 4ohm vc each, correct?). so please stop posting made up nonsense when you know you will end up looking stupid. i did not post before to try to start anything, but since you want to make up lies to try to make someone look stupid for something YOU said, that's just dumb.

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
Haha what humiliation? Why would I be humiliated. I'm not the one who was goin' off about irrelevancy while i called people g@y on a car audio forum... I'm not the one who built a box then asked how to tune it... I'm not the one who couldn't figure out how to set my gains when there are easy to follow tutorials describing exactly how to do it.
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27819
"set to voltage ac"
I'm sorry to all the people trying to learn sh!t here. I'm mature enough to apologize at least. John should be too.
F|_|ck. That's my last post in here. Lookin' forward to seein' ctmike make you look like a dick. Again. You've already done it yourself many times and it gets funnier each time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
Cam i bet you were sweatin bullets and yelling as your typed that angry note above. Looks like I'll have the last laugh here.

"umm, seems you have it backwards. and as soon as i get off work tonight i'll prove it."
Since when does McDonalds have computers at work, let alone accessable ones.. Geez ctmike, did you get a promotion? Don't spend all night retyping jargain that no one will read, I dont want you to continue to waste away your life trying look like a tough cookie.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6499
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 518
Paul that pic is indeed worth 1000 posts! Lmao!! Im stoked for the ctmike report.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
lol paul. what makes you think i was sweating bullets or mad. that was exasperated note. lol makin me go back on my word here. ah well its entertaining i have been responding to what you say then when i say something you have nothing to say back to it so you just insult me. how old are you anyway man?

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
lol paul. what makes you think i was sweating bullets or mad. that was an exasperated note. lol makin me go back on my word here. ah well its entertaining i have been responding to what you say then when i say something you have nothing to say back to it so you just insult me. how old are you anyway man?

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
damn ecoustics

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
"what makes you think i was sweating bullets or mad. that was an exasperated note"
-Its funny how you guys try to get under my skin, but really your getting under your own skin.

"ah well its entertaining i have been responding to what you say then when i say something you have nothing to say back to it so you just insult me"
-I have said it many times. I have noting to say to you. You want me to respond to your ignorant incoherant thoughts? If I was that angry I would do what ctmike is doing now, typing out a 3 page report explaining how you have derbed on more wangs than briana banks..
Wouldnt you like to know how old I am ;)

Gold Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 1051
This thread is g ay FYI

Silver Member

Post Number: 323
just more insults with nothin to em. ctmike is gonna find a thread in which you did exactly what you said he had done. and im gonna laugh when you pretend it doesnt exist and you didnt slip up at all. you'll just go insulting him without actually having anything to criticize him on because you just cant think of anything. no one respects a dude who cant admit he fucked up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
cam, can i call you camera for short?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4334
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/348292.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 330
wow pretty good one there. camera. i haven't heard that one since grade 3. btw its only short if it actually is shorter. here. let us know what you get.
http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
sure thing, I'll post it. I took this last week, let me know your score as well.
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
wow thats good. amazing how you can have that high of an iq and not be able to come up with anything better than camera though. i got 126.

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
LMFAO 126. A fu*kin retarded cow could score better than 126. Thats truly pathetic man, you should most certainly end your life asap.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2387
So John, Did you get your gains straight or what?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4338
bump.

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
lol.

IQ Intelligence grade
over 140 excellent
120-139 very good
110-119 good
90-109 average, normal talent
80-89 low
70-79 very low
under 69 extremely low

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
yeah you still haven't told us whether you got your gains set right.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4340
still want to know where i tried to convince you the zx1000.1 was 1ohm stable? you said you were "stoked" to see my report, so where in that thread i linked did i try to convince you it's 1ohm stable?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4341
bump.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2804
Im not trying to read this entire thread right now but.... from the first post i seen your problem....

Vdc.... wrong you want AC volts for reading amp output :-) if it was DC volts the sub would just push up and sit in one spot and push further and further with more Volts added, give it a try with a 6.5" or somthing on a 9V square battery lol

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2805
i score a 153 or somthing on that test before to :p i should try and take it again... hmm

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
post it killa ;)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4342
please back up what you posted about what i supposedly tried to convince you john. the threads there, please point out where i said what you posted.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
"John, you need a ZX1000.1 amp, because its 1 ohm stable and you have 2 4ohm DVC subs."
-ctmike

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4343
please show me where i ever said that???? stop making shi_t up cause you're a bitc_h and can never admit when your wrong. pretty sad you have to make stuff up, what a loser. please give a link to all these posts i have supposedly said to you you fuc_king retard. i gave one so why not look through that one and see where i said that.

John Wheeler
Silver Member

Columbus , IN United States Post Number: 285
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 07:17 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable. "

that is just wrong.. It all depends on the amp. ZX1000.1 is 1 ohm stable and sx900.2 runs at 2 ohms stable and 4 ohms bridged. It all depends, please read before you continue to post completely false statments

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4344
John Wheeler
Silver Member

Columbus , IN United States Post Number: 290
Posted on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 10:17 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im glad you know why your talking. Thats a pleasant start. If you and ct mike have something that extends beyond this ecoustics forum, lets just keep that under wraps.. Im arguing with ct mike when he says..
"first, zx line is 2ohm stable. kx and sx line is 1ohm stable."
"yes but the zx400.1 will do 400wrms+ at 2ohms. "

and about every other comment he had. If you try to tell me that the zx line from kicker is strictly 2 ohm stable, than im gonna argue and tell you your flatout wrong, because i have owned a zx amp which is at 4 ohms stable and the one im looking to get, the zx1000.1 which is 1 ohm stable... juliob i have nothing against ctmike, im just going to try to educate his misconceptions so Joel doesnt buy the wrong amp and come back as disappointed as i've seen some get.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4345
what you wrote in your ebay auction:

"The reason im selling this is because I sold my kicker comps and i bought 2 12" alpine Type R's, which require 1000Watts RMS total. Once I sell this, I have a Kicker ZX1000.1 on order."

and we all know you have 2 dual 4ohm vc r's so please tell me how you were going to run those on that amp?? ohh, that's right, YOU thought the zx1000.1 was 1ohm stable, that is until i told you otherwise.

god, you are a useless piece of shi_t aren't you. all you have to do is stop posting made up stuff saying other people have said it when you know yourself you in fact are the one in the wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 734
http://www.gamedreamz.com/psoexplorer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Gif Minefield/stupid_thread.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
oh ctmike just admit im right and your wrong. I'm pretty sure there's a lawn that needs mowed, get your a$S off the comp and get to work.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1369
ecoustics needs mods so bad.

after reading this thread, i have lost all hope for mankind.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
john isnt even man enough to admit he slipped up when there's proof right in front of his, and everyone else's eyes. i think im pretty much done on this forum. done arguing at least. the lowdown ftw.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6530
^^^Good forum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
PitBull if i could click a button that said End Thread right now I would do it. Camera is done arguing on this forum after ever post she makes, but continues to come back time and time again just to let me know infact how rediculous she is and that nobody gives a flying fu*k what a 14 year old pr!ck has to say that can't even drive yet. Just wait everyone, she'll come back and say something gayer than the last post. And ctmike sure is hell isnt through yet, so stay tuned.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4346
isn't through yet? all i did was post responses to the lies you are posting. i just wanted you to point out any post i made to you that said anything near what you made up in your previous posts. it's actually pretty sad that a little boy has to make up lies about someone on a car audio forum to try to impress other people. i just don't understand how a person can continue to avoid the simple fact that they are wrong on something and when called out on it totally avoid it, then try to make up lies and avoid the simple truth. everyone makes mistakes/is wrong at times but i've yet to see anyone that is so childesh as to not be able to admit to it.

pretty sure anyone reading this thread can see that what you posted that i "said" is complete bullshi_t and lies, and that you are in fact the one totally wrong yet can't admit to it. even when your own posts that you wrote are right in front of you.

so unless you come back with something stupid to say to me, which i'm sure you will cause a)your just a little child, and 2)mad you got called out as a lier, then i'm done posting in this thread.

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
"childesh" Lmfao. That in itself was about enough to throw me out of my chair. Cuz I can picture you in your little shack typing your enraged commends and saying 'childesh'
LOL
I love how you start out saying a) and then 2) Lmfao wtf? One or the other.. when you try to make me look dumb at least make an attempt to sound smart. LOL I dont have to say anything to you, your words in itself are enough to make anyone die of laughter and we all know who has had the last laugh..

LAST WORD.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4348
that's so true you did get the last laugh!!!!

and my typing isn't what is making you look like a dumbas_s, it's the simple fact that you were proven wrong, made up lies of posts i "wrote", and still deny it even when the facts are right in front of you. and enraged? yeah, a retarded little kid would ever be able to get me mad.

so please, since you are so much smarter than me, please point out the posts that i made saying what you posted above, how i tried to convince you the zx1000.1 is 1ohm stable. just post a link to it that's all i want to see. just one link to any post i made anywhere in any thread where i posted that crap. also, how's that box coming along? the one you made and started a thread on about how to tune it? you ever figure out how to tune it properly?

fuc_king moron.

Silver Member

Post Number: 554
you might as well have pulled ur pants down and jumped up and down on your keyboard with your bare a$s, because I didnt read a damn thing you said. It's funny how easy it is to get under a 30 year old's skin. Lmfao, how much does mama charge for rent?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4349
well your mama doesn't charge much, just a load on her face every day.

just post a link to the thread where all that stuff i supposedly wrote to you is.

Silver Member

Post Number: 555
No i was referring to the basement you rent out from your mother, since McDonalds anual salary is barely enough to support your stupidity habbit.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4351
hahaha, you wish. may i ask how much you make (which really doesn't matter since you'll lie about that to)?

also, i'll paypal you $500 if you provide a link to the thread where i said:

"John, you need a ZX1000.1 amp, because its 1 ohm stable and you have 2 4ohm DVC subs."
-ctmike

Silver Member

Post Number: 557
Lol $500? That's a lot of overtime on the deepfryer.. ctmike its funny how u come here and still remain systemless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6540
enough is enough guys.

please let this thread die.

please????

John, let it go.

a pic bomb is waiting.

No offense to anyone afraid of pics.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4352
"Lol $500? That's a lot of overtime on the deepfryer.. ctmike its funny how u come here and still remain systemless."

i could buy my system if wanted right now. and maybe i'll take one of those well designed boxes you make. but offer still stands, $500 will be sent to your paypal account, or money order or check if wanted, if you post the link. simple as that.

and paul, i agree. it is enough. just wanted to give him the offer again. so go ahead and post pics if you must:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
it would give your lonely a$s something to wank your jagon at.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6544
Goodbye thread.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6545
Upload

Gold Member