Wood glue

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 717
ok im building my box today and i need to know if wood glue would be fine to use without any screws. would it be strong enough on its own? if so im just going to clamp my box

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 222
i tried that except i used the liquid nails in the cauqing (sp?) tube. it wasnt runny enough and it didnt work out. in the end i ran wood glue all around the seams and put screws in and bam. no more leaks. i'd use screws if i was you.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 718
did it hold tight enought tho? cuz i heard that it should be strong enough when it bonds to the wood

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12806
you should still use some screws phillip. that way it will hold it in place while you work on another side of the box. if you clamp it then you have to wait til the glue is completely dried to work on another side of the box.

Username: Carmaster

Post Number: 8
one word for ya buddy... gorilla glue

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6441
Predrill them holes Phillip and drive them in straight. Countersink as well. You know you have enough glue when driving home the screws oozes the glue out slightly.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4908
liquid nails its a good glue

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 501
I use carpenters wood glue, countersink and predrill screws roughly 4 inches apart caulk the inside completely and seal around the outside edges smoothly with liquid nails. I also hear it is good to use non-hardening rope caulk around the circles for your subs so your subs are sealed nice and tight, and still able to be removed. Thats just my 2 cents..

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 247
i got the caulking gun type of liquid nails and it didnt work as well. after i was thinkin about why so many people reccomended it when it didnt work that great for me i remembered that someone said not to get the type i got but to get the squeeze tube type. using non hardening rope caulk around the cutout for the sub does work well. the gasket that came with my sub was leaking so i ripped it off and tried that and it worked great.

Bronze Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 54
Use a good wood glue. Titebond II is what I would recommend. If you use a good glue, and clamp it up real tight, screws are not necessary. For time purposes, its a good idea just to go ahead and use screws though.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 740
yea i just finished my box...it look nice except for when i used caulk to fill in the joint. lol that sh!t is hard to put on lol

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 319
I used Elmers Wood Glue. Works nicely lol.

Silver Member
Username: Aaronjp1990

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 108
our u could re-bait glue and screw like me :P but that overkill!

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4756
always use screws

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6517
Looks like you're good either way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums