SSD over a W7

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 714
Anyone think that an 15" SSD is louder than a 15" W7????

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12733
do they even make a 15" w7?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2530
No,they don't lol. They make a 13.5 though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 716
i dk...some f@g around town says that he will smoke me with his 15" W7 on his 3000 watt memphis amp. Mind you he has a stock alternator

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 159
yea the dude is dum there is no 15" just 13" and it will be funny as hell if you beat with a sub that you paid three times less for

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12739
i don't see that happening though. the 13w7 is a beast.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 597
No, I don't think anyone will think a single SSD will be louder or sound better than a single W7. The W7's have a bad rep because they cost so much. They aren't worth close to their asking price of $600+ but overall they still are solid drivers. But if you think a single SSD is going to be louder you will be dissapointed.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 669
the dub7 wont take 3000 watts though too good i wouldnt think

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 160
so what would you say a w7 is like a bl

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12741
if you were to compare the w7 to a fi sub it would be the Q and the BL combined. it is one of the best sounding sub i've heard that gets seriously loud. you put that thing in a jl ho box and you would think there were 2 or more subs in the trunk.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 598
No, I would say a W7 is like a W7. Why do people insist on using FI as a reference point? FI doesn't have a single sub built close to the same as the W7. Just look at a W7 and then at the FI subs, and you can see that they have NOTHING in common.

There are thousands of subs out there. It would be impossible to classify them all relative to the 4 or so lines FI has to offer.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 161
i get what you are saying showrides but i was just trying a sum up what jamie would need to run with the w7 but what would you run next to a w7

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 599
Then go with what Chad Lee said. They really don't have a SQL sub like the W7. A combination of the BL's output, with the Q's sq may be something close to what a W7 is. But nothing would be that close of a direct match.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 163
a would that be dum to do that run a sq sub next spl sub this guy on another forum said he did that

Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 1
w7 a lsq sub? wtf rock you guys crawling out from under? the w7 isn't even jl's best sub, the w6 is, lol the w7, while it did have some awesome r&d, hasn't won much of anything anywhere. they are only beasts in that they require large boxes and a bullshit install method.

and just about any sub in the right install will sound like a pair of a subs in a lesser install.

w7s great??? muhahahahahhahhahhahhahhaa that's like saying the memphis LVS is actually a great subwoofer.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Username: Mrray13

Post Number: 2
btw, i'd take the ssd over the w7 every day of the week. maybe it doesn't quite match up, but i'm sure it'll give the w7 one helluva run.

[quote=showrides]Why do people insist on using FI as a reference point? FI doesn't have a single sub built close to the same as the W7. Just look at a W7 and then at the FI subs, and you can see that they have NOTHING in common. [/quote]

could it be because they are proving themselves not only to daily drivers, but in the lanes as well? could it be because while maybe the Fi subs and JL subs are nothing alike, the Fi subs are proving themselves to be just as good , if not better in any given install? could it be because they cost far less, are backed by an outstanding businessman/competitor? could it be because their 4 lines can hang with other companies 5 or 6? could it be your only wondering because Fi is getting mentioned instead of rD?

whatever the reason, get over it. the w7 isn't all that, i've played with plenty of them. and i'll never be impressed with one. too many other subs out there that can do everything the w7 can, or better, for far less money. hell, even solo xs have beaten w7s in sq competitions..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 209
Fi is a reference point because their products are proving to be excellent for the money. And this complaining about Fi fanboys is getting retarded. Fi has an ever growing following for a reason. Fi has replaced RE on the internet market, except the customer service is better and you can customize your driver. Getting really sad people.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 143
Lol the W7, i remmeber my first post about the W7, had thew hole forum arguing with me

If money wasnt an option

W7 ova SSD, only cause the W7 only needs 1000 watts and if in a good bandpass that thing will get loud and sound amazing, sry to say but more than the SSD,but the money for it is dumb....But only if u want a SQ sub tho , but if u want sq just get a Fi q or A dd 3515

If money is a problem get a SSD or Q

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 90
SPLcraZe4Life160db Bass N Yo Face I completely agree with you. The W7 is a much different driver and has its niche in the market. It is an awsome woofer, plain and simple. JL has their niche in the market, Fi has theirs.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 760
AFAIK Denim, i was the only person "bashing" the fanboys, and only because IMO it had gotten out of hand.

Yes, the product is excellent. Yes the service is great. Yes, customizing is awesome, but GD it is NOT the end all be all....it just doesnt exist. I just wanted to make ppl think a bit before they spit out the same regurgitated info....repeatedly. So i look like an a55, BFD, what else is new.

Mission accomplished.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 761
w7's do not get "loud".

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 164
they dont get loud man if you are right it would be krazy to get that sub for 600

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 601
"Fi is a reference point because their products are proving to be excellent for the money. And this complaining about Fi fanboys is getting retarded. Fi has an ever growing following for a reason. Fi has replaced RE on the internet market, except the customer service is better and you can customize your driver. Getting really sad people."

So you think every sub out there today should be compared to one of the FI lines when discussing the quality of the driver? If your answer is no, then we agree. If you think the only way to tell if a driver is capable of performing well is by comparing to one of the 4 lines FI has to offer, then we don't agree at all. I was just saying the BL W7 comparison wasn't very relevant, since they are very similiar drivers.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 764
Bumpn. Money is relative to what you earn.

The Rodeo's system was insured for full value which was likely more than most have spent on their car alone. Why did i do it?

Because, quite simply....i could.

After reviewing more products than i care to list, i choose a list according to sonic value...then picked by looks. Yep, you are correct, i paid 2x (maybe more) what i could have for looks alone. I assure you im not retarded.

I can also assure you i had a system than a system noone else would pull up and have a carbon copy of.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 167
yea showrids i feel you but it will pass over guys have just found a good company that no one knows about.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 603
I don't want anything to pass over. I am just trying to help people understand that there are SO many different drivers out there. It would be like comparing every car you see on the road to a specific Ford model. Yeah, they have some similarities to one another, but by no means will it be a good comparison with every other car on the road.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 766
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/353177.html

My point exact.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 604
^^^Sad but true.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 144
i've had a W7 and it got loud, but mostly SQ over SPL...but non the less it still would be loud as in a lil SPL, no distortion...i had no charging system at the time, but i sold it all

And w7's can get loud, but there mostly SQ

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 569
"I don't want anything to pass over. I am just trying to help people understand that there are SO many different drivers out there. It would be like comparing every car you see on the road to a specific Ford model. Yeah, they have some similarities to one another, but by no means will it be a good comparison with every other car on the road."

so greatly explained lol

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 554
back to the point, haha, whats your box and whats his box, my buddy with a 13w7 in a HO wedge gets very very loud.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1132
no disrespect cal, but have you heard very very loud? people like to compare drivers subjectivly to what they have heard. your def. of loud may be dif than someone like shawn or chad lee who work with drivers all day. W7's can sound good my best friend has one in a HO wedge on a 1000/1 and it sounds really nice. but no way would i say its a loud system. BTW i dont think they make HO wedges for 13W7 i think they only make em for 12W7...could be wrong tho

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 771
+1 for Trey.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 168
renegadesrun so if somebody wanted to get a w7 but did not want spend the money what sub would tell them to get

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 216
Ben the reason I said Fi is a point of reference is because of the difinitive lines and the type of subs and customer service behind them. It was the same with RE before it, and Adire before that, and Rockford before that and....

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 170
you said it denim

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
cal payne - My box is one designed and built by Imortal Box Building Inc.

His box...some sh1tty prefab
...enough said

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12782
jamie how does that sub do down low? also in the upper frequencies?

i had an idea to do 8 10 inch ssd's in a sealed wall in my ride.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2753
You get what you pay for.... but i think the reason behind JL not being used much anymore... No reconing avaliable.. and the steep prices... thats just not cool... a wasted motor if the coils get damaged..

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12783
KILLA you whore. lol.

hey did you get your new amp yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 731
upper frequencies it gets pretty clean, and loud

Lower frequencies - shakes everything. Kind of hard to breath on a few songs like "Super sick wit it" - Turf Talk Ft. Mistah Fab, E-40

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12788
nice. 8 10s would make a fine bassrace system. 8 ssd's with 8000wrms FTW.

Silver Member

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 778
SI DD Treo Memphis Fi AQ, just to name a few.

The w7 is not now or will it ever be a SPL sub, and IMO, it isnt even a good SQ sub. Yes i have owned every single size. In our experience, Treo's comparable line (ssx or SSI)has netted us better SQ, and a higher SPL, in almost every single install where a w7 had previously been. (Just to have a reference, i am in no way pushing Treo VS JL)

Im sorry Manny spent so much on R&D, but just because he did, doesnt mean i want to pay for it.

If you need a price point for SPl'in, you can dam near get 2 Mojo's for the price of one w7. Which is why the local car audio shop is the best Memphis dealer in the state.....not the best JL dealer.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 172
yea renegadesrun that price on the w7 is just krazy and i have heard the same thing that it lost out in spl and in sq so what in the hell is isq any way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us