OT: PIMP my Ride....

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 442
well a few weeks ago there was a topic in here about i lost it... but really dint answer my question i asked it and it got lost oh well...

How do they pay for all the sheit they do to ppls cars? do the ppl have to pay nething at all? just watched tonights epiosde lol they installed 4 "24 kt mtx thunder amps" .... mad mike said "these amps cost over $2500 each!" lol they do some stupid sheit on there, but most is alright.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 569
it think they are sponsered by mtx and they get that stuf from em (for cheap or free i dont really know) so that people will see MTX on pimp my ride and then go out and buy it for theirs...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1294
Mad Mike is a tool of epic proportions. I wouldn't trust him to work on my lawnmower.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 551
random little post:

I read somewhere that some of those guys do know what they're talking about, but for the record, if MTV was givin me a couple hundred grand a year to say MTX is "the bomb" chances are i'd do it, but that's jsut me.

And btw, mtv makes so much money off commercials, some of those shows ahve unlimited funding. Not to mention, i'm sure for mtx, giving Pimp my ride tons of free stuff has been an extremely successful advertising campaign. 99 percent of the kids who watch that really thing mtx is "the bomb" and then they go to CC and get bumps

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 445
i agree cal... allthough i just seen an episode with some memphis... but the majority is mtx... so wat u guys r saying is, the sheit they use on the cars, i.e rims, motor, subs, etc... is payed for, or giving just as a sponsorship. so mtv dont have to pay the cost of that? im sure gas does work on the side off tv too, becuz theres always tons of cars in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 725
mad mike is not a tool. all the guys on that show are some of the best at what they do. they do wome pretty crazy stuff on that show and you'll notice that it is always flush and well put together. they don't have wires and batteries and amps lying all over the car like our installs do. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 302
I sometimes think that they are too good at it. 10" monitors in the mudflaps? wtf? lol

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 382
yea mad mike annoys me for some reason. those cars are paid for by the companies whose parts are being installed thats why theres always that awkward line when one of the employees has to mention the name like "hey man we installed these MTX subs in your car, they will bump like none other!" i like the show tho

by the way i want ish back. he was the best employee from pimp my ride haha.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1297
Have you guys ever seen the PMR International show? It is hosted by Lil Jon and he is really, really bad. It just goes to show it isn't an easy gig and just how good Xzibit really is.

Yeah Ish was cool, he is still at West Coast Customs. It was hilarious how he said stuff like "It's too many awesome". Here is his MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/latinpimpish

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 864
I think Pimp My Ride is totally fake. Its all scripted and made up IMO. I mean come on think about it,every person you see on there lives in a very nice house,nice neighborhood,ect. but yet they drive a damn ice cream truck with rats in it and no doors? Yea right! Its all a big pablicity stunt to get ppl to see what they can do so ppl will go to the shop and pay a sh*t load of money to get stuff installed. Im sure all the companies they use make tons and tons of money off them. They prolly pay the ppl on there to act like its theyre ride. They proly dont get to keep it or anything like that. Just my 2 cents. The show is kinda fun to watch tho

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2738
"mad mike is not a tool. all the guys on that show are some of the best at what they do. they do wome pretty crazy stuff on that show and you'll notice that it is always flush and well put together. they don't have wires and batteries and amps lying all over the car like our installs do. lol."

Most of us have are installs like this for a reason

-Either we arent yet completed with it (which will never happen for some of us.... you finish it just to upgrade again.. lol)
-You swap stuff out to much(testing new boxes, comp box\daily box, diff wire configs, ect...)

Im sure if alot of us had everything theywould ever need and some time.... some of us could do it just as good... saying we have all the tools they do to..

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 451
twiztid, i gues sthe only way we could find out the truth about is try to find one of the people who got there ride "pimped" on line, on myspace or something... im sure atleast half of them around able to be found on myspace... just dont kno how to look.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2524
We have all the tools they do but not all of us have that much money to waste on CRAP.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 482
Honestly, I can't stand when people rag on Pimp My Ride. Those guys are probably some of the best out there at what they do. West Coast Customs is a multimillion dollar business, and that did't happen by hiring sh*ity employees. They are popular for a reason. And how can everyone rag on them for the equipment they use? that's what they HAVE to use. this isn't just WCC doing what they want, they have binding contracts to these companies and they are required to use their products. Yes, some of the stuff is ridiculous and over the top. But.. if they just put some new seats in and put a sub and amp in the car.. would anyone watch?? the answer is no. everyone wants to see the huge inflatable movie screen that comes out of the trunk.. or the skate rail that pops out of the back bumper. Not to mention, X is funny as hell. I guess my point is.. if you're raggin on pmr, get ur head out of ur a*ss.

Silver Member

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 454
Gavin i totally agree, they are good, they do have contracts, and X is funny as hell he makes the show... BUT ... when u install 2 22" jackhammers, that can take 10000 rms each... and it only htis 138 db... and u say its the loudest truck ever... u deserved to be raggged on, put down, even shot... thats just total stupidity. other then that the shiet they do is cool, and maybe a lil over the top.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4959
I really hate how Pimp My Ride fvcks up MTX. We sell MTX in the shop and I will tell you now, MTX makes some pretty dam good equipment.

Their amps/subs a VERY underrated. For example, the 7801 is rated 1200wrms @ 1ohm...it birthed 1762wrms.

We had a mtx9515 on that amp at 2ohm (~1200wrms) and got 144's at 40hz! Also, the 5500's are pretty dam nice for the price...they have a fast attack and can handle well over their rated 300wrms. The 7500's are WAY under rated...we run a pair of 7512's on a autotek mm1400.1d in the shop and they take it like a champ.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5033
we have a sledgehammer single 12 box hittin 142.2 db so far on a mtx 4501 amplifier canaan with the bass boost at 0 at 44 hz as our best hit frequency in a new jeep liberty at 12.6 to 12.8 volts....so yeah the 7500's are decent but the old 8000"s are better

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 549
it is scripted and all the guys are actors. period

Bronze Member
Username: Da_jay_man06

Crestview, Florida U.s.a

Post Number: 36
whats a sledgehammer?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5040
its a type of subwoofer enclosure mtx makes and put's one of thier subs in....in this case it's a 7500 12

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Future 15 Wanger!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 1850
i would love to get my ride on that show but i would tell them what i want...i saw an episode with an old VW beetle and they put like a ferrari body kit and it was so ugly and put this ugly big roof scoop to power a blow dryer..and they always put usleless stuff...like i saw one with a grindrail off the back bumper and it wouldnt even work good cuase u would catch your wheel...and they always put useless stuff that is just stupid

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 146
PIMP MY RIDE FTL

A Piano In a Van....And um all u have to do is pull the lever to unlock car wtf, thats sht is dum even if u have to unlock first, i dont wanna have to wait to win just to get into my van

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Also

They are sponsered mmy MTX, and Memphis believe it or not

They don't have to pay for anything, but i believe they sign a contract, that if they sell there car they gotta split the money some how or sumtin

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
"24 kt mtx thunder amps"

He also told, the mercedes benz girl that hear, S emblem is worth 40,000 dollers...the amp was just painted gold

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1378
mad mike is weird steve mead has vid of him going to his shop n his words where" that thing bangs off that hook ridicoulusy) <spell check wtf lol but yeah wcc does do good work and i belive there are going to have a new show about there shop to show what they realy do an they really make clean cars now gas i dunno what they do dont realy keep up wit it but they prolly do good work... just not on pimp my ride

oh
an all tha shows on mtv are scripted listen to those ppl talk

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2760
scripts sucks.... unless its for a bottle of promethazine :D hahah

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 774
I saw Cabe at finals. He is a local. I talked to him and he asked me how i liked PMR. I replied i that i didnt care for the products installed, where installed in some cases, or the fact that it appears to be geared toward a 10 yr old audience....yet still got to hang in the VIP lounge of Petra's with he and Mike all eve.

I was told the installers dont choose what or where. They only install what is gifted to them, and do so where and how the powers that be say to do so.

Hate the game,...... not the players.

Bronze Member
Username: Carbuddy

Chicago, Il

Post Number: 63
does anybody watch unique whips they had a softball game with everyone from wcc except mad mike imo mad mike is a spokes person to tell you about all the stuff there putting in the cars but the rest of them are real
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us