OT: Home made lowering springs.

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

LA, FL USA

Post Number: 248
So, today I heated the springs in the front of my car with a torch. The back end of my car sat much lower than the front from the extra weight in the trunk. (Subs, box, and deadener) I was able to heat the front springs with a torch to lower the front end 1 1/2". I couldn't believe it! Ride sits level now.

Gold Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1133
lol good luck hope it doesnt snap on ya

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 998
nice, i almost did that, but figured i would get that sh!t unlevel, so i jus forked out money for shakels(sp)

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 964
lol dang paul ur pretty ghetto, i was told doin that weakens the springs pretty bad, id watch out lol

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 698
hows the ride ive hear of people doing that to lift things and they say its a pretty sh1tty ride that bottoms out alot

btw lets see some pix

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 1008
my ride is fine, dont know bout pauls... lmao.. my friend actually did it to his, and that was 4 years ago, and he hasnt had a problem yet

Bronze Member
Username: Iamabadperson777

Janesville, Wisconsin US

Post Number: 85
not a very good idea it will probably cause future problems

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7154
lol does that really work?

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1104
It works but weakens the springs a lot. They are tempered so that they are spring steel and when you heat them up to get them to drop it sacrifices the strength they once had.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12532
should just get lowering springs for the front. they don't cost that much. but you already did it so it cool i guess. my friend did that and he hasn't had any problems yet.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2350
Cutting is the preferd method of hackers. Just cut 1 "wind" out of the spring or so to get the right stance. Heating does weaken the springs. Your shocks will take the abuse now.
For other getto mechanics.
Cut to lower.
Heat to raise.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 745
Cutting or heating your springs is never a good idea. Just get some Belltech springs for the front and blocks for the back they dont cost that much also might wanna get some new shocks. I did a 3/3 drop on my s10 for about $220 all Belltech,springs,blocks and shocks. If you go on ebay you can get some cheaper ones tho.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 257
my sh!t has struts lol

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2624
if they break he will kno..... i had a tempo with busted shocks\struts all around suspension was shot

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2371
That was a terrible thing to do to your springs.I reccomend going and buying new ones and replacing them.Sure you may have "Fixed" the height of your car but you just made your handling worse and it's actually a little dangerous.You're going to bottom out and eventually blow through the tops/bottoms of your shocks and maybe through the tower if they're struts.Not a good idea at all.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12543
have you guys seen those springs clamps? you can clamp 2 spirng coils together to make it lower or you can put it inbetween coils to make it higher.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us