Quick comparison...

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1176
OK...in SPL, what would be louder in the same car. Both in their correct ported boxes: 12" Kicker L7 on 800 watts or an RE SX on 900 watts? (Yes I know all about the SQ and build quality difference.) Pure SPL...

Thanks, Ben

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 650
that would be close ima go with the l7 tho

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1178
Cool. That's what I have 'till summer when I can afford an upgrade. My buddy has an SX. I had mine in a sealed until now (dumb I know), so I have yet to hear it with my new ported box. That's coming on Saturday.

Anyone else think differently?

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1055
my xplodes on a 8000 watt max 300 rms sony amp in my sweet prefabbed ported box with a 10 farad cap would be way louder

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 903
sx ported will smash an l7

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 636
L7.

I bet his sounds a whole lot better though :-)

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1179
Yeah I know his sounds a lot better. I wasn't comparing that, nor am I planning on keeping the POS. Still, I have one person saying it will be close, but L7 wins. Another saying the L7, and anothiner saying SX will smash it. Joe...I know that's the case on high watts, but he only has 900. Any other opinions...please

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3134
should be close, if the sx had more power i'd give it the advantage, but it doesn't so the L7 should be louder due to more surface area, but not by much maybe 1 or 2db at most. the install will play the most important part.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2117
SX would own if it had the right power

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4764
sx... with the sx u will never know wat hit you..

all the set ups i heard with the sx where between 142-149 i never heard any lower spl...

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 682
id say l7, and if its in sealed now u will not believe how much louder it ill be ported, it'l slam

l7's love ported, u will to

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1209
Yeah...you should have like 2000RMS to an SX right?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2152
id do anywhere from 1200 - 1800rms. i wouldnt do over 1800 IMO cuase the subs vc will heat up too often and i dont think the cooling system is all that great in my experience.

Keep your voltage UP FTW also if ur gunna run that much power

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 392
M.S yeah but were not talking about full power were talking about 900 watts rms so i think the L7 would take it

Silver Member

Post Number: 687
^^ correct raymond

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 653
They are both capable of 150dB.

Although the SX is a much better all around sub, the L7 can reach just as high numbers as the SX can with same/less power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 688
^^ yes again lol, but either in a GOOD install would be loud

for instance Premier Sound a near shop by me, builds GREAAAAT boxes,(good friends with owner paul), his shop built a box for some guy with 2 memphis mojo 15's and 1 memphis 4k and done 154.somethin on termlab, and my cousin bought 2 cheapole memphis pr 15's like 89$ a piece, and got them to build a box, and he done 147.somethin and with one memphis prd500.1, i never thought that 500rms would be that loud but it will be in good install, and pretty good sq at that

both of these setups are in extended cab chevy's

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
ohh and there company's comp vehichle is a chevy astro van with 4 l7 15's in teir box, and its the loudest setup they've done, not sure exact but its waaaaay past 154 something, cause thats wat the mojo's done and these are louder, when u walk n there shop all u see is trophy's lol, ill get pics next time i go that way

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3140
"both of these setups are in extended cab chevy's" thats why there so loud, i know a kid with 2 12inch kicker comps and a audioburn 600watt amp and hes doing low 140's on the mic and he has a truck, trucks are easy to get loud very little cabin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
yes but the vehichle is not all the reason it is loud, u can have a sealed box in that truck and not be worth sh!t, its both vehichle and box, s10 blazer's are good spl setups to ifnot better than the truck, i heard many at the shop

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
"They are both capable of 150dB."

so SkieS are you talkinga bout a single L7 or a pair?

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
good setup, yes a single is capable of that

"company's comp vehichle is a chevy astro van with 4 l7 15's in their box, and its the loudest setup they've done, not sure exact but its waaaaay past 154 something"

i believe its past 160, ill get pics next time

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 518
past 160 w/ 4 L7's? wat kind of amp and thats def. not on music. is there any record of this on any website? im sure they r winning comps w/ a setup like that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
so then it should be possible it be possible to hit that with two 12" L7s

Silver Member

Post Number: 701
yea jb, there 4 17 15's, and thats not music, i guess its test tones in comps, they've won many comps, im notsure the amps, but ill be going there within a week or to and ill let yall know exact on termlab and ill see what amps, with pics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us