New System For My New Whip...

Username: Goldenmoto

Toddville, Iowa United states

Post Number: 1
I just got a new whip and looking for the best hiting system available for under 1500 and am asking your opinions for the best amp and sub combination...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4154
what kind of car? willing to spend the money on charging system upgrades? 10"s, 12"s, what? and going for sq, spl, sql?

and they call them whips out in iowa now?

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 305
they call them whips in new york too...been like dat for a long long time

bump :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 848
Fla they call dem whips all day

yea u gotta give mo info on what u want like what ctmike said

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4156
i now they call them whips just about everywhere else, just never heard of anyone from iowa calling them whips.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 853
lol i no i was j/j around wit ya but i hear in iraq the nick name fo there cars are called A S S Upload

JUST A JOKE HA HA

Post Number: 2
well honestly never hear of anyone else here calling them whips either, im originally from paramount cali tho. i got a 1989 mazda rx7 gtu, as for what im looking for problly 10" depenig the spl,sq,sql not sure on all depends on box if its a ported box sql if other then the spl unless anyone sugests different taken all opinion in to consideration. As for charging system upgrades how much extra money you talking? hope this helped u guys get back to me thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2322
Get yourself a DD 9510 and feed it 1500 watts RMS.You might be able to get away with it on a Stock charging system but I don't think it's likely.That's what I would get if I was running a 10'' sub :-) So...if your charging system's not up to par I recommend only running 1000 watts Rms and just a nice efficient woofer(DD 9510 again).

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 511
3510 and 1200 rms

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 905
lol u think a small import car gonna have a big enough alt to run 1500rms? cmon ur gonna need a ho alt if u wanna do that, 1000 would be more realistic, but ud prolly need to upgrade your battery

Post Number: 3
King your definetly right but as i stated i am more likely to uprgrade the charging system battery, alternator,power cap etc... up to an extra grand sorry about not going in to detail on that...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4187
i'd say get a that dd 3510 and a sundown 1500d. both new will cost just under $900. with that extra money you had for the subs and amps put that towards the money you had going for charging system upgrades. or you could probably get that amp and run 2 fi ssd's off it which would even be cheaper than the single 3510 by about $40-50.

Post Number: 4
thanks for the help mike much apreciated

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2576
call them whips in chi too..... Maybe sombody should tell him about custom boxes too.......the sub will be crap if its not a good box... :-p

Are you any good with wood\building things..? You may want to consider adding that to the budget... if you cant build boxes.. talk to Logan, he will probally build a box for you... he doesnt charge a arm and a leg either...

Post Number: 5
its something i been looking around for nobody here got what i looking for gotta have a nice box to go with the rest of my system, ya know. as for me being good with wood i race motocross for a liveing dont use no wood and only got a GED so aye not exactly the best haha so if you got some pics of his work i cold see let me know. thanks

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 186
what do you ride?

Post Number: 6
I ride for KTM own a 2007 450sxf, 2004 125sx, and my favoeite jeremey mcgraths ofical 2004 250sx! And anxiously awaiting there release of there new street bike the RC8

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 187
man that's awesome. a factory ride. yeah i got a 2002 125sx. i get up to the track now n then but mostly i just rip around my dad's 10 acres.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us