Just got a 13 Ov.2

Bronze Member
Username: Walkthedog

Post Number: 22
Well... I wasn't trying very hard, but I won it on Ebay for $76! And I lived VERY close the warehouse -so shipping was almost nothin....

After I had clicked the bid button, I noticed it was a dual 4ohm, and I wanted a dual 2ohm cuz I only wanted one sub under the rear seat of my xtra cab truck.

Hmmm... What to power this with... I have been thinking a strong 5 channel to run my interiors too...
Got Memphis PR620's coax in the frnt doors and Polk db461's coax in the rear half doors.

I know this is the SUB forum but I need power for it all... and I plan on getting some componants to replace the frnt stage as well.

Rear underseat box suggestions... Build my own plans?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 960
That was a great deal man. You might as well stay in the family and grab a nine.1. eD recommends between 300-600 RMS for the 13 Ov.2 and the nine.1 would push 450 to each coil so that should be just about right. The nine.4 would be good for your coax's.

Bronze Member
Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 61
i just won an auction of a 13 Ov.2 for $71 shipped.. i feel like its a great deal..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
DUDE! You suck! That's a great deal... You beat me by 20 bucks! Is it a 4ohm or 2ohm?

ANyways, I'm happy with my purchase, you ahould be as well... I'm looking forward to running some clean power to this great SQ Sub.

Now if I could score a sweet deal on a Ed nine1 and nine4.

L8tr

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Anyone got plans or know where to steer me on a rear underseat box for a 'o1 chevy extra cab?

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 292
The sub will only see 500 if u use the Nine.1. If thats the case you might as well go with the Nine.5.

Im pretty sure Directed, and Kicker make the only other 5 channels that will come close to the power of the Elemental.

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 293
And I forgot to mention, The nine.5 is at 12.5 and Directed is at 14.5. Not sure bout Kicker.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-YAghf8NXt6J/cgi-bin/prodgroup.asp?c=3&g=182750&I=&o =p&avf=N

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
What about US AMPS tube amplifiers?
Maybe an AX 4300 for the fronts and a AX 1500DE for the sub...
I see a good buy on a 5 channel AX 5600... It's only 500wts at 1 Ohm for the sub channel... These US amps can drive alot more than the RMS wattage suggests... ANyone chime in here please.

I dunno... US? ED? MEM? DIR?
I'd like to get a great of 6.5 componants too.
ED? Diamond? Bostons?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 637
Tube amplifiers are excellent for clarity, although quite inefficent. Usually, you're better off just going with solid-state.

I would go with either the US Amps or jump on an ED Nine.5. They seem like promising amps.

As far as 6.5, I would go eD 6500, or DLS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Why does eD market DLS? Same company? One buy the other out? Differnce in SQ between the two?
I was already thinking about those eD 6500's!

As far as my amp issues... I would want to get my sub in a Dual VC 2 Ohm to run with the eD NIN.5 -I have a Dual VC 4 ohm.
I Need to see around 500 to 800 watts for the sub to be in the "Happy Zone"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us