Soundstream Amps

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 30
Are Soundstream Amps any good? Im talking about their PCA, Tarantula and their reference models. They got pretty good numbers on their specs like sn ratio and damping factor. Are their specs rated correctly or over rated? They seem to be good amps for the price but I dont know so anyone know anything about those?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4424
Terry, they were bought by Power acoustik which means their quality isn't the same. They're still good, at least i think that because they last like other good amps and put their RMs ratings.

Tell us a budget, what are you trying to push and Voice coil config.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Im trying to push 2 10JL W7 3ohms svc so 1.5ohms combined. Budget is around $300-400. Im more concerned about my electrical system since I do not want to upgrade becus tats gonna cost a good amount. Right now i have a stock alt not exceeding 120 amps. Any Suggestions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4431
kicker kx 1200.1 and do the big 3

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
What do you mean do the big 3?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 943
can the kicker run at 1.5ohms? You can also look at audiobahn 12001DT. I have an audiobahn and i'm pretty happy with it. Also, Memphis 16-PRD1000.1 and orion hcca-d2400. Any of those will work just fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4432
can the kicker run at 1.5ohms?

Of course oleg. And why would you recommend audiobahn instead of kicker!?????

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 950
my bad, julio, thought it was the zx. audiobahn is cheaper than kicker, by kx1200.1 is a pretty decent price, so yeah - good choice, i just can't read haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 4439
ok

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2046
"What do you mean do the big 3?"

The big 3 is upgrading your charging system's stock wiring to a thicker gauge wire that supports more current.Alternator to positive,battery to chassis and alternator to Chassis grounds.You can also run a thicker ground from your engine block to chassis,quite a few people do that but it might not help your charging system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us