Enough for these Pioneer's?

Bronze Member
Username: Newkid77

Columbus, Ohio

Post Number: 38
Is this Hifonics BXi1206D amp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16367
enough for two Pioneer 1200 watt 2 Ohm subs.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17388

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 640
Yes, perfect! Two subs that are 400 watts rms each = 800 watts rms. Since they are dual 2 ohm they will wire down to a 2 ohm load. That amp is 900 watts rms at 2 ohms. Since Hifonics are slightly overrated, the extra 100 watts will take care of most of it, so yes, in my eyes that will work perfect.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 641
Here is a wiring diagram for you...Upload

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 642
Complements of Crutchfield!!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3931
don't you mean since hifonics is overrated he wouldn't get that extra 100w^:-) you'll probably see closer to 700wrms from that amp at 2ohm, but you'll be fine.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 643
That is basically what I said since it is rated at 100 over the subs rms, it would bring the actual wattage closer to the subs rated power handling and since I would rather be safe than sorry, 100 watts under like you have pointed out(700) would push them great and not be a too much for those subs.

I said: "Since Hifonics are slightly overrated, the extra 100 watts will take care of most of it"- "it" being the overrated wattage- That means that the extra 100 the amp is rated at will be ok since the amp is overrated and actual wattage would be lower. But Thanks for rewording and making more clear.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4394
try kicker zx 750.1, but there's no audible difference. Plus hifonics gives you the 1ohm choice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us