Help on wiring subs,which is better???

Bronze Member
Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 14
can u tell me which is better a bridged mono output or a basic stereo output???

its a 2 channel amp

Anonymous

subs are to be run in mono

Bronze Member
Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 15
ok thanks

anwser this question glasswolf
Unregistered guest
As far as i know it doesn't matter as long as your amp is not getting a load below what it is stable at. I have a 2ch alpine amp stable at 4ohms when briged and a 2ohm dvc sub. all i did was wire each channel to one coil of the sub so it gives me a 4ohms load. but i don't know if it would sound better being a mono amp.

Glass or bacon
Unregistered guest
could glasswolf or bacon anwser this pleas i have the same prob

Username: Jiggamang3105

Post Number: 5
well...if youy consider that you have a similar powered mono amp, it basically comes down to details. with a 2 channel, its class ab meaning that it gives off more heat but has little distortion than from a mono amp giving less heat and more distortion. but since its a sub that ur using, it will be inaudible distortion. plus if you absolutly have to use that same sub, ull have to get an amp stable down to 1-ohm because mono amps are generally not very useful for 4-ohm applications. so match the specs. and see what works best. hopefully this helps without having to wait for glass or bacon.

Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2
Not necessarily. You can get a mono amp that puts out the recommend power at 4 ohms, then you have the flexibility to upgrade to another sub in the future. You can run subs in stereo, some people prefer it, it just depends if you find an AB amp to put out that kind of power. It'll be cleaner, but will draw a lot of current and give off more heat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us