Type R or MA1200XL?

Raymond
Unregistered guest
i was wondering wheter a 12" type R be better than an MA Audio MA1200XL or not

heres the MA Audio
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803&item=3095765286&rd= 1

Raymond
Unregistered guest
can someone please help me with this im seriously considering a good, hard hitting subwoofer and these two woofers seem pretty comparible

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 23
It is going to depend on whether you want just big, loud bass with no sq (the MA Audio) or a nice SQ sub with some SPL (Alpine Type R). I have heard both and the MA's definatly hit harder but they were off when it came to SQ. The Alpines sound really nice with a good amp and can get fairly loud but they won't crack your skull open with their bass.

Raymond
Unregistered guest
whats SQ and SPL mean im sorry im new. So alpines hit less but are better in terms of quality and MA is just plain loud? which would you guys prefer?

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 26
It all depends on what you like. If you listen to a lot of bass heavy music like rap and like to have all of that loud, heart stopping bass than the MA audio is for you. But if you want good Sound Quality and a bit of SPL than get the Alpines. The Alpines handle about any kind of music pretty well.

SQ means Sound Quality

SPL means Sound Pressure Levels or in other words how loud it is.

Raymond
Unregistered guest
one last question, sorry for all the questions, but what about actual quality of the subs themselves? would they last?

Raymond
Unregistered guest
Bump please
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us