What amp for 2 12" RF P3's?

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 143
Kicker ZX1000.1 or RF T10001BD Let me know!

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 309
i'd pick the rockford just because you got some rockford subs, both amps are beauties, i'd lean toward the rockford though, it just looks like a bada$$ amp and put out a lot of power

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 202
it depends weather your subs are dual 2 or dual 4

if dual 2: Kicker ZX1000.1

if dual 4: RF T10001BD

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
yea, they are 2 ohm i believe

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
matt, why would u suggest the RF if 4 ohm and the Kicker if 2ohm, does it matter the ohm of the sub as to which amp to get? Arent they both 2 ohms stable?

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
the kicker is 1000w @ 2ohm

the RF is 1000w @ 1ohm

"does it matter the ohm of the sub as to which amp to get?"
yes because the impeadance(ohm)of the subs determines what impeadance(ohm) your amp will be run at, which determines how much power you will get

"Arent they both 2 ohms stable?"
yes they are both 2ohm stable, but the RF puts out its rated power at 1ohm, not 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Yea right after I posted that, I looked it up instead of guessing and found out that it was 1 ohm stable, but didnt want to repost cuz my comp is slow =/

This info is for a friend whose deciding between amps, any information you have is useful. ThxX

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
if his subs are dual 2 like you said earlier then go with the kicker.....kicker makes great products and their amps usually will put out more power than what they are rated at

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
I want to get the biggest Kicker amp i can but still use my existing 4gauge wire. What amp will work for this? SX900.2? ZX/KX850.2? ZX750.1?

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
out of the three amps you listed in your above post, only the ZX750.1 will work with the subs you have.....I think you should be able to get away with 4gauge on this amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Prior to my upgraded system, i was running 2 dual voice coil Kicker COmp VR's at 4ohms each on a zx450.2, which runs at 2 ohms stable i believe. If that ran ok, why wont the others run ok, like the sx900.2/zx850.2. It sounded good with that setup before, is there any danger to getting a 2ohm stable amp when a 1ohm stable amp is required?

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Your current pair of dual 2 subs can be wired to 8ohm, 2ohm, and .5ohm. The ZX750.1 makes its full power at 2ohm, that is why you want it. The sx900.2/zx850.2 make their full power at 4ohm, which you cannot get 4ohm with your subs. That is why those two amps are not desirable for your setup.

"is there any danger to getting a 2ohm stable amp when a 1ohm stable amp is required?"
no there is no danger in getting a 2ohm stable amp when a 1ohm stable is required, but you just cant run that2 ohm stable amp at 1ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
im referring to 4 ohm subs not 2 ohm, im switching subs on ya

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
alright, if you have two dual 4ohm subs.....then you can wire the pair to 4ohm or 1ohm. The sx900.2/zx850.2 make their full power at 4ohm, so those are the two amps you would want.

Do you understand now??

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
Somewhat, but the sx900.2 and the zx850.2 are 2 ohm stable, not 1. Should i just get the zx750.1?

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 209
zx750.1 is 2 ohm stable too

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
$h!T! What amp is 1 ohm stable that puts our about as much as the zx750, without going past the zx1000.1..

Matt, do you have a diagram that shows how to wire up an amp to a 4ohm load, instead of a 1 ohm load coming from 4ohm subs. Also, if its wired to 4ohm load, wouldnt this be less power than if wired to 1 ohm load?

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
The sx900.2 and the zx850.2 are 2 ohm STEREO stable, which means they are also 4ohm mono stable. These amps will put out the most power at 4ohm mono. You can wire your pair of dual 4ohm subs to 4ohm by doing this: http://img453.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twodvc4subswiredto4ld9.jpg

The zx750.1 is 2 ohm MONO stable. You cannot wire your pair of dual 4ohm subs to 2ohm mono. That is why this amp would not be a good choice.

Do you understand now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 215
LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us