? about cars electrical system

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 99
alrite well i recently got my first car and hav been into car audio for a bit and would like to put a sub in this car to hav sum lows untill i buy a new car but im wondering if its electrical system will hold up. when i play my radio loud it will occasionally just turn off for awhile til it wants to come back on and the same thing will happen when i turn my heat/ac on or off and i also noticed my brights get brighter when i turn my heat off so i want to make sure im able to add an amp, and if i need to do something somewhat inexpensive to change it id like to kno. thanx for the help it wil b greatly appreciated. btw i drive an 85 accord with a stock alt, an old but aftermarket jvc h/u thats compatible with a jvc 12 disc changer in the trunk but thats it.

Bronze Member
Username: Dlavante

Tigard, Or USA

Post Number: 45
old accords have pretty weak alts. i would try the big 3 first then if that doesnt help then get an alt

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 168
how long has it been doing that? id like to say that your alternater is takin a sh it but yeah if your shits already cutting out and your wiring is good, then i wouldn't hook up an amp. id figure out whats wrong with it or buy a better alternator and then worry bout your system

Bronze Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 100
well yeah it only does it occasionally but ya srry if this sounds stupid but wut exactly r the big 3? and also if my alt. isnt bad i dont really want to upgrade cuz im tryin to spend as lil as possible on this car so i can jus save more for buyin a new car

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 102
bump

Silver Member
Username: Chris_t54

Post Number: 133
can someone give me a site for stuff on the big 3 cuz im so confused on what exactly that is

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1365
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73496&PN=1

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 103
alrite well i talkd to one of my friends who knows a ton about caraudio and has alota experience along w/ a lot of friends that do and i explained my problem to him and he reccommended getn a new deck bfore nething else and i got to thinkn that that makes sense if my lil amp in the deck is shitn out so i thought id see wut u guys thought

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 262
it really doesnt sound like a deck problem. Ive never heard of that happening. I think it is an alternator problem as someone above said. Even with a low amperage alternator it shouldnt shut simple functions like the heat and radio off. It sounds like its crappin out.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 703
Its probably a id10t error. *shrugs*

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 105
well the heat doesnt shut off at all its just wen i turn the heat on/off it OCCASIONALLY makes the deck stop sending power to the speakers even tho the deck continues to play or atleast it shows it doin so on the screen. im not really tryin to argue im jus makin sure its understood wuts happenin bcuz no other electrical things in my car have problems except the deck on occasion so idk it could stil b the alternator but it seems i always have power for everything in the car except for occasionally the deck not sending power to the speakers

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 264
ok, i didnt read it correctly there. i didnt know it acted like it was still playing. it might be your deck then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us