If i get another sub.!?!?

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 27
should i use a port or a sealed box. and if i get the same ported box for it as my one right now will the sound be differnt?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2925
if you get another sub, make it the same as the one you have now.
use the same box.
you should increase SPL by +3dB

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 28
so another single box?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2935
sure, or a single box for two subs.. either way...
you just want both subs to have the same (or shared) air volume, same port tuning etc
that way they work in unison to move the same air at the same time, and that increases efficiency which equates to more bass.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
i agree with you wolf on the 2 subs and the 3db increase but i do want to point out that its rarely a good idea to have any two or more subs share air volume and a divider would be best to not only isolate the airspace between subwoofers but it also acts as a center brace which is especially important for the cheaply built prefab enclosures that have no bracing at all.
which im sure you knew this man (wolf) but i had to say it besides in the unhappy event that either one of the subs quit or lost performance then it would affect the good sub thats working fine and turn the defective sub into a passive radiator and now the enclosure would have too much airspace for the one good sub.
jay

Anonymous

I think he meant sharing the same size volume, not necessarily w/o a divider.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2943
one box, divided or not.. as opposed to two separate boxes to shift around in the trunk.
yeah I agree I prefer divided both for the support and the safety if one sub blows.. but many people use a single chamber for two subs without issue, too.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
if you want box designs email me ($27.99)
jay

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 29
why the hell whould i pay for a box design when i could get it off a website for free.!

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 30
and i would rather ask glass wolf insted. hes the real pro. ur just a fake!!!

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
because once you have the box designs from me Makaveli you can give me the order number of the box you've chosen and i will buy the bits for you and send them to you for only... $45 +(handling charge +shipping costs +relevent tax's)
jay

Anonymous

jay you are the most annoying mother f*cker on this site. just shut the h*ll up and get a f*cking life you d0uche bag. and if you want an @ss kicking just email me your credit card details ($49.99)

ROFL.. at jay
Unregistered guest
ROFL AT JAY, how many orders have you had jay? ROFL LOL ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us