Super newbie question

Username: Newbie47

Post Number: 1
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between 2 ohm, 4 ohm, and DVC subs? if i listen to mostly hip-hop/r&b, which would be best suited for my needs? also, which types of amps are compatible with each? thanks a bunch...

Username: Joe718

Post Number: 2
well dvc's give you more flexabilty when wiring up subs, an a dvc 2 ohm speaker can be wired either 4 ohm or down to 1 while dvc 4 ohm can be wired to 8 ohm or down to 2 ohm. There are variety of amps that would suite your needs. It all depends oh how loud you want to go. Since you listen to rap i guess you like your music loud and boomy, you would have to find a sub that works with a ported box or bandpass box. if you like your bass more detailed go find a sub that matches up with a sealed box

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2912
single and dual coil, and various ohm loads just allow various wiring configurations to match the subs to the amps you want to use

Post Number: 2
So say I ordered 2-12" RE X XX subs, what would be the best way to go? Would it make sense to get the dual 4-ohm ones, and wire them in parrallel to a mono amp? I was thinking maybe an orion 2500d. Any advice on other suggestions?

Post Number: 3
I'm sorry, i meant dual 2-ohm in the previous post.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2934
yes two 2+2 ohm DVC models
ideal for a 2 ohm stable mono amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us