Help Needed

Username: Nats

Post Number: 1
My son is just getting into car audio, which I don't know anything about. He has the following:

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH P7600 MP
(1) Phoenix Digital PD-394 (1000W max) driving front and rear speakers.
(1) Power Acoustik OV2-1600 - Driving the subs.
(2) Power Acoustik FUBR-12 subs. (each sub is connected to a seperate channel on the amp with a 4 ohm load)

What happens is when both subs are connected to the amp they produce very little bass and just kind of buzz. When one is connected it seems to drive the ok but not as much bass as should be there. Another thing that has just happened is connected like this he smoked the subs. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 564
well first off, just want to inform you that power acoustik doesnt make good stuff really...

something thats relatively cheap that can replace that and sound exponentially better is a pair of adire audio shivas, and a JBL BP1200.1 to drive them

or a pair of elemental design e12k's and something like a JBL bp600.1 to drive them

i would definately reccomend returning that stuff if possible, and if not, find someone nearby to sell it to

Bronze Member
Username: Jchevy91

Post Number: 23
I think you should get rid of the PA stuff and get some kicker comp VR's and a JBL 600.1 to power them. Cheap and good quality, best bang for the buck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us