Post Number: 31
i have
1) 1-punch 75 hd
2) 1-4ohm dvc punch 10 inch woofer 200w rms
3) 2-8ohm svc punch 10 inch woofers 200
rms
my questions are:
can this be done at all?
what is the best way to wire this set-up?
what will i need to buy in order to make this
work?
im also running a punch 30 hd to:
1)1-set 6.5 components and .75 inch domes
my question is :
will this be enough speakers for mids and highs?
will it have good SQ?
thanx for any advice

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 32
they are in a sealed box three chambers -- sorry i left that out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
if it helps the model #s are
2- svc 8 ohms 200 rms rfp-1810
1- dvc 4 ohms 200 rms rfp-1210
thanx again for any help

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 36
what are you an idiot?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
no just confused -- why what makes you think that im an idiot -- is it because i asked a QUESTION -- ok if ANYONE else has any GOOD advice please let me know --

Anonymous

i'm pretty sure that you can hook up the different ohm subs together to get a certain load. the question is, can your amp handle that ohm load. i've never dealt with wiring subs with different ohms together, so i don't know what the end results would be. next time, better to get subs with all the same impedances.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 19
off the top of my head, and this may be wrong, you're looking at a 1.33 ohm load with all 3 subs wired in parallel. wired in parallel, the two 8ohm svc subs present a 4ohm load (1/R = 1/8 + 1/8). the 4ohm dvc, i think, is like two 4ohm speakers. so, we can treat all the subs like three 4ohm speakers. 1/r total = 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 => 1/r total = 3/4 => resistance total equals 4/3 which equals 1.33.

i think the dvc sub, wired in parallel could be one channel (say left), and the 2 svc subs, wired in parallel could be the other (say right). but, the left channel would be 2ohms and the right would be 4 ohms. so, if you can wire these 2 channels in parallel, you'd have one channel at 1.33 ohms, and you'd need a single channel amp to do this (or a 2 channel bridged to one channel).

then, your amp would have to be rated stable down to about 1 ohm.

didn't see your amp on the RF website, so maybe you can list the specs, how many channels, etc.

someone else definitely needs to verify this please.

Silver Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 130
you can wire the 4 ohm DVC sub to 8 ohms, then you'll have 3 8 ohm subs. wired in parallel you'll have a 2.67 ohm load to the amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 20
nice kevin, didn't think about wiring the dvc sub in series. sometimes you gotta have the faith to go up before coming down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
thanx ian and kevin youve been a very big help
i think im going to run them all at 8 ohms to get me down to 2.67 ohms
my punch 75 hd amp is rated i believe stable at 2 ohms
so t think im in the clear
thanx again

by the way i guess swan is the only idiot here - with no advice to someone needing a little help hell i thought that is what the threads were really all about

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
well looking at your situation i would say its best to go for a series/parallel combination and if i remember correct that amp is made to handle a 2 ohm stereo load and a 4 ohm mono load.
with that being the case the next best thing to do as an option would be to go for the 6ohm load if you must use all 3 subwoofers.
basically youll be making a trade off for output versus ohm load.
first wire the dvc to a single 2ohm load but wiring the vc parallel then take your 2 8ohm subs and wire them parallel also to give you a single 4 ohm load.
now that you have a 2 and a 4 ohm load wire them into the bridged amp into a single channel in a series configuration for a single 6 ohm load.
as for the 30hd its fine for mids and highs, the higher you go in frequency the less power you need with 20 to 60 watts being more than enough.
it never hurts to ask.
thanks,
jay

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
i can send you drawings of this by email all il need is your credit card details ($32.99)
thanks,
jay

Anonymous

jay you are the most annoying mother f*cker on this site. just shut the h*ll up and get a f*cking life you d0uche bag.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us