Kicker s10L5 and kx400.1 amp

Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 9
just want some feedback from you all. i'm planning on getting a S10L5 4ohm dvc and a kx400.1, and building my box using kicker's design. i'm excited to do it, but i still have to wait to get a new car, i can't put em in the one i have now. and then getting a clarion dxz746mp head and some infinity kappas to replace the factory speakers.but i was just wondering what all you experienced people think about that setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 79
I had that setup, in a sealed box, with a 401s which pushed 425 RMS to it...yep...ruined three tensil leads...now i got L7's with same power and no problem whatsoever

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
sounds like i maybe should buy an L7 instead. but i'll have to find the sub application box sheets for the L7's. but there was a sight, don't remember which one, that i saw the s10L7 for $180, so i guess i might have to go with that one instead. thanks for the input.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
also, did you have the 2 or 4ohm dvc on your L5? if you had the 2, and wired it in series or parralell (which ever way gives you more power), your sub would have been opperating as a 1 ohm load, and your amp would have been pushing more power to it. just a thought.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 81
nope i had it wired right in, i had dvc 2 ohm subs and put them in series to get 4 ohm cause my amp is 425 watts bridged at 4 ohms...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us