Jl W7

Anonymous

I heard the 13W7 in a store today and am really considering getting one and a 1000/1 amp. I know hearing is subjective, and I also know the W7 is one of the top contenders in the sub market. Can anyone help me with recommendations for subs to compare with it? Sound Quality is my goal, and I'm wondering if better SQ could be had than with the W7. PLEASE no Audiobahn, Sony, etc. Also, Price is not an issue, so no holds barred on recommendations.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 560
brahma, triple X, eD A series, eclipse titanium series - these are probly the main competitors for the W7's

robert J
Unregistered guest
I agree with all of bacons but he for got RE Tumult. Probably the best out of all would be the eclipse titanium. tell me if i'm wrong bacon

Anonymous

I've heard the Eclipse titanium series are really good, and I figured they must be saying Glasswolf is using them in his Tiburon. I'll look into all those and see what I think. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2874
could also look at Image Dynamics.. they are fantastic for SQ, DD, MMATS, Oz Audio is awesome, the above mentioned subs are all good as well.

Anonymous

Ok, We had a cruise-in today, and I listened to some setups, got a chance to hear a lot of great systems, and the two that blew me away were the Eclipse Titanium and Image Dynamics. But I narrowed it down to Image Dynamics. I think I'm going to go with an AP enclosure, I saw Glasswolf recommend it in another post, do they offer the pre-fabbed kit for all their subs or a specific set? I heard the ID Q12's, and they were amazing. Are ID MAX subs better for SQ? if they are, I'm only getting one, 1000W per sub is a bit much for getting two

Anonymous

RE doesnt make the Tumult....adire audio does

its a good sub too

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 562
tumult is made for home audio, so i wouldnt reccomend that sub to you....

the brahma extreme is the car audio version of the tumult - awesome sub.....

and one idmax12 would be enough - forgot to mention it, its also a high SQ/SPL sub, if you were impressed with the IDQ, the IDMAX will absolutely blow you away

i would still reccomend an eclipse titanium sub over these because they have higher potential SPL, also sound awesome in SQ, and take 750w rms for the 12"

my 2 cents

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2899
check ID's site.. they make pre-fabbed membranes for the subs, but you'll still need to get the box made, and AP only really works well in a car with a trunk unless you don't mind cutting holes in the car to vent the box to outside air.

the D12 is a great sub too.

Anonymous

I've got a fastback, it separates the cab and trunk, and still allows me to have the subs firing "in the cab" so I don't have trunk noise, so I figured it would work well. What part of the box do I need to make? do you mean the MDF panel that I would mount the sub onto, or do I need to put the AP enclosure inside of a box?

Anonymous

Also, is the membrane that you order for the ID subs one that goes in front or behind the sub? if it goes in front I understand what you're talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us