Bridging 4channel amp?

Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 2
I have an older Eclipse 3640 amp and I want to bridge it to run some components. Anyone know how to do this correctly so that I can still fade left to right and front to rear? Eclipse tech support wasnt much help, she had no clue what I was even talking about, even with pictures in front of her.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 660
You usually bridge channels 1+2 together and 3+4 together, meaning you should be able fade, but can't change the balance from left to right - and that's if your HU has 2 sets of pre-amp outputs. Otherwise, I think you won't even be able to fade. If you want to fade, that means you have rear speakers...can't you just run 1 channel to each speaker rather than bridge them?

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 3
What if I "y" the rca inputs and put two lefts on the front channel and the two rights on the rear? Will that give me left to right? Then I will still have my rear rcas to run another amp for rear fill.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1241
you're on the right track.
I'm trying to recall how I wired mine, but I know it didn't work out the way I thought it would.
I ended up just swapping rca locations until I got what I wanted.

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 5
Thanks for all of your input. I am auditioning some components this weekend and I will try the amp a couple of ways until I get it right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us