Whats the best to worst brand amp out these 4 for solobaric 15's L7?

Bronze Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 34
Kicker, Soundstream, Rockford Fosgate, and Candence

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4291
Kicker
Rockford
Cadence
Soundstream

Some guys will have differences.. but they're all good. What are you trying to push anyway?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4292
oh sorry haha, if you're trying to push a solo baric L7 15" i'd go with kicker, just to match the setup. Is the sub DVC4 ohm o DVC2?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 982
My order of preference:

Cadence (Daytona series only)
RF
Kicker
Soundstream

Cadence (Daytona series only) are the most efficient amps out of those, and are good quality. RF and Kicker is really a tie, they are both great quality amps but will draw a lot of current. Newer SS amps are not that good ever since they were bought out by Power Acoustick.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 35
my 2 solobarics 5's L7 they're 2 ohm each man they sold the kicker 2500.1 fa 420 guess I'ma settle for 2 cadence M7000 for 370

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 36
Hey M.S. are 2 of these cadence amps good enuff for my 15 L7's? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1 &viewitem=%26item%3D250094008523%26

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 984
^^^^^^

Link don't work

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 37
go to bay and put Item number: 250094008523 in the search box

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 38
anyone know about the cadence Amadeus M7000 or the A7-HC?

Silver Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 985
With Cadence the Daytonas are the good ones, their other amps are not so great.

Look into this amp:
http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=97&idproduct=2 43

Or if you can't get that, I would get an RF or Kicker over either of the two amps you posted.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 39
how bout the hifonics BXi 1260D

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1033
Get the 1606d instead. That one's not really enough power.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 41
a solobaric s15L7 takes 1000w rms 2000w peak i planned on getting 2 1206 since i have dual 2 ohm so i need a 1 ohm amp on each. Don't you think a 1606d is too much for 1 s15L7? Is hifonics better than cadence & soundstream or are they a tie with kicker ad RF?

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 42
^

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3667
kicker and rf are alot better than hifonics. hifonics is good budget amp though. reason the 1606 was suggested is cause hifonics' overrates thier amps so you wont see 1600wrms, probably about 1200wrms give or take. also, you have an upgraded charging system yet cause looks like your going to need one.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 43
ah i see damn ctmike we registered same time n u already gold n i ain't

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 93
FOsgate
Kicker
Hifonics

Never used soundstream or cadence so I can't say.
The hifonics will be the cheapest and 98% of people can't tell the difference without seeing the amp.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 44
I guess a KX2500.1 and ZX2500.1 the same right found a few KX2500.1 at 589 plus 38 shipping good deal or what?

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 45
guess I should go with kicker kx2500.1 on 2 S15L7's then?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3671
no, not the same. kickers' kx and sx series are 1ohm stable, the zx's are 2ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 46
the dude advertised the kx runs 2500 watts rms at 2 ohm mono the zx says the same thing.

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 606
S.L.A.B.= Slow Loud And Bangin

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 47
U tell em Slow Loud And Bangin

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 50
Hifonics seem to advertise they draw less power than other class d amps and I do want a class d amp that draw less power and puts out more I think that kicker 2500 gon kill my shyt with just 0 gauge big 3 a 105 amp alternator a duralast gold which has over 900 cca. Will 2 Hifonics 1606d put out 1200w rms each give or take and won't mess up my alternator? Cuz I don't really wanna upgrade alt if music not gonna bang any harder with HO Alt. I can get me a 200a alt for $170 but still. I'm tight with my benjamins

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Hifonics amps are good like that, there is a knob on the amp which you can set to draw 9v or 12v and go easy on the current drain.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
But basically you can't put out more than 1000 watts constantly without upgrading to a better charging system.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1036
" I do want a class d amp that draw less power and puts out more "

Then go with a Cadence Daytona! They are one of the most efficient amplifiers available.

Silver Member
Username: Big_fletch

Newport, Ar, Ar United states

Post Number: 647
the best hifonics amp to get is the xx models all the others are overrated to me

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 57
"But basically you can't put out more than 1000 watts constantly without upgrading to a better charging system"

Lets say I hook it up on 105 amp alt it bangs then if i hook it up on a 200 amp alt you sayin its gonna bang 47-48% more than with the 105 amp alt jerome? Matta fact whats the most watts I'm gonna get out a 105 amp alt constantly

Gold Member

Post Number: 4299
1000w rms dimming like a disco bro.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 58
damn thats go be embarassing. neway I took yall advice and bought a 200 amp alt. for $170 now about the battery i either go with a duralast thats 800 cca and 1000 ca or the optima yellow top D34/78. Yeah the duralast gold is stronger but its a conventional battery and I'm worried bout when I'm at the light sitting in traffic that I'll kill the duralast if i kill the optima i can kill it 350 times and recharge it 350 times not the duralast. So do I need 1 optima yellowtop or 1 dualast gold or hell 2 optima yellowtops which i already had but sold awhile back

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1244
Slab,
If the alt was the limiter of music power just about all of us with stock electrical systems would be killing our engines every time the bass hits.
Fortunately we have monster current producing batteries under our hoods to pick up the slack. You can get a TON of power from a 600CCA battery. All you can ask of your alternator is to produce enough current to keep the battery charged.

At 2000w that COULD be an issue, but it has a lot to do with your listening habits.
If you listen at a reasonable volume most of the time and only blast it once in a while to stroke your ego it might run fine for a long time.
If you're going to be blasting it non-stop with the amp on the verge of clipping I would think you'll be making quick work of that GM alt.

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 63
Ok I get it I'll blast it 2 or 3 times a week but i still need advice on what batteries and how many batteries and do i still need the ho alt if only blsting at 2000w 2 or 3 times a week?

Bronze Member

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 67
^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us