Amp trouble

Username: Yadude

Post Number: 2
Hello. I'm trying to hook up an amp and two subs and i'm having a problem. I have a 06 Chevy Tahoe so I needed to get an RCA converter. I believe I have it hooked up correctly. I've done it before and have experience with it.
The problem is there isn't much sound coming out of the bass speakers. It is really low. When I pull out one of the RCA wires out of the amp it gets a little louder. Then when I put both RCA wires in the amp it gets real quiet again.
Also I have been adjusting the knobs and turning them all the way up and its still low.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2213
What subs, amp, hu? vc config. converter? Hows it hooked up?

Need some more info dude.

Username: Djb11238

Lehigh Acres, Fl

Post Number: 1
I had an amp hooked up in my car and while I was driving the power cord came unhooked. It blew the fuse in the power cord. When replaced and turned on the subwoofers just continued to bump without volume almost like a pulse. When i unhooked the RCA cables it would stop and if i connected something else to the RCA input on the amp it worked fine. Would my RCA cables need replaced or did I blow something in the stereo... All of the other speakers still work fine

Username: Yadude

Post Number: 3
Ok, I made some progress last night. It is sounding better but I still have it turned all the way up and it doesn't bump the way it should.

Marc,
I'm running the stock Bose radio system, 2 twelve inch Rockford Fosgate Punch P2, Kenwood 1000W amp with Bass Boost remote controller, PAC converter.
I'm not sure what you mean by hu and vc config.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2220
Hu= Hear unit (radio)
VC Config. Voice coils of the subs. Single 4 ohm? Duel 4 ohm? duel 2 ohm?
What Kenwood amp? If its not an Excelon, then its only stable to 2 ohms.
So specificly, what are the subs model number and the amps model number?
Just quessing, I say your amp is only putting out 550x1 at 2 if its the 8152. And what is turned up? The HU or bass boast? or gain. Did you adjust the gain?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1003
" What Kenwood amp? If its not an Excelon, then its only stable to 2 ohms. "

The KAC-9152d is 1 ohm stable. Kenwood are not good amps though.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2225
^^^ The exception. However, kenwood does not even recommend running it at 1 ohm. I E mailed them about it before. He (Kenwood) also stated "that it would overheat and may catch fire, or set the sub on fire." lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1032
Lol, reminds me of Soundstream and their PCA-3500d
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us