Separate chambers for dual voice coil subs?

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 1062
My car is at the shop today getting everything installed. The guy doing it is a friend of a friend and i know he knows his sh!t for the most part...I called him this morning to go over a couple things and the only thing that worried me is he was asking me where i got the box because dual voice coil subs usually need separate chambers in the box...

i have NEVER heard of that before...is he just totally confused on that?

then also when i told him i needed them wired down to 1 ohm (they're dual 4ohm) he gave me somewhat of a vague answer... he said "oh yeah don't worry we'll wire them to get maximum power"...and i was like "that's 1 ohm right?" and he said "oh yeah don't worry"....i think at this point he was just slightly annoyed cuz i was bossing him around lol. but how can i check the impedance when i pick up my car?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1439
Pop the subs out and look at how he wired them.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 864
If you dont wanna take them out and have a DMM you can just put it on there to see what you get.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
what about the shared chamber being problematic for dvc subs...that's BS is it not?

also what does dmm stand for? lol

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 866
Thats chamber thing I have never heard about so Im guessing it is just some BS. DMM stands for Digital Multi Meter.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3846
yeah that dual chamber is crap, i think single chambers are a little louder anyway.

i would personally just take the subs out of the box to look at the wiring

Gold Member

Post Number: 1066
aiight i guess i'll just pop dem b!tches out to check myself. don't really wanna spend the doe to get a dmm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us