New amp hookup

Username: Alpinee12

Post Number: 1
i just got an alpine mrp-m650 and was wondering if it would be alright to hookup the remote line to the battery line for power it doens't turn on w/o it

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11829
???u hook the remote wire to the back of the hu..and the power wire from the battery...

Post Number: 2
and if there isn't one ??

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11831
isnt a what??

Post Number: 3
lol a remote line im trying to see if it works w/o a hu i dont have one near me lol

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 654
Leigh, can you do us all a favor and use some punctuation and formulate your thoughts in a clear and concise manner? It's really hard to understand you. Regardless of that - no, you cannot hook up the remote wire to the battery.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 958
I think he means that he wants to test the amp with a battery and doesn't have a HU.

For testing, just jump the remote terminal to the battery + and it will turn on.

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 656
Ohhh I thought he meant it doesn't turn on when hooked up to HU and he wants to know if hooking up to battery will fix that LOL I was way off...hard to understand.

Post Number: 4
haha, no guys that's not what i meant. Sorry about that punctuation i wasn't with it. Thanks for the help any ways..!

Post Number: 5
ok guys i got it. I hooked it up in my room with a 12 volt power inverter(yes i know thats silly). Anyways i have it hooked up to two type e 12's its pounding everything
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us