Earthquake PHD5000D at 1ohm... anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1893
I connected my PHD5000D at 1ohm so i can run both subs off one amp since my JBL BP1200.1 is being g@y... it only likes working in a single amp install... :-( somthing with the rca\input phase is screwed.. But i have this earthquake phd5000 ran at 1 ohm on my DD9515's and i put my old 200A back in for now and i have my kenwood doing like 400rms to my mids\highs so i am not sure what the phd5000 is doing but its getting pretty loud and sounds better then when both amps are plugged in togethor.. but my question is will this amp burn quick? anyone have expericience with running them at 1ohm... and does the temp. protection kickin before its to late or no? I have a redtop and a yellow top in my ride all on brand new kicker 0gauge and some brand new terminals and stuff. do you think i will have any problems powering the amp? its rated 3Krms\mail{2Ohm@14.5V,2Ohm@14.5V}

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 680
im running my PH2000W/D1.1 at 1ohm and ive had no problem. ide email earthquake and ask them of the 5000 will take a 1ohm load

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 964
Running a 2 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm is a good way to let the magic smoke out...... Unless the amp is known to be stable below it lowest ohm rating, for example an Orion 2500d or Sundown SAZ-1500.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL My wangers b...

Post Number: 1899
Well it has been working..... and has all the protection features on it.. no problems yet. the company wont say it will work at 1ohm because they dont want to be held responsible... thats saying alot from earthquake.. i asked them before..

It sure is being mean to the subs tho... giving them a hell of a whoopin

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 967
Just watch it there, protection circuits only do so much.

If it were my amp I would definitely not run it at 1 ohm unless I knew for sure it could handle it. With electronics, damage is not always immediately visible, for example the equipment suddenly stops working. Sometimes it can just shorten the lifespan of the equipment.

But it's your amp, so you can make your own decision about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 37
a im looking into getting one of the earthquake phd5000d for nice price does any one know about how much real power it is pushing must be a lot if it is some 9515s but i dont want to guess the power on that beast im going to maby get some hd3s and want to power them just right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us