HELP WITH AMP 3 12" SUBS

Username: Sickboyz727

Post Number: 1
i need to know a good amp for three audiobahn AW1251T subs there rms is 400 and total 1200rms and only have 200 dollars. help!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 651
You'll have to wire them in series-parallel for 2.67ohm load. Not sure there're $200amps out there to give you 1200W rms at that impedence. My advice is save at least another $100-$150 and probably get a hifonics amp or something similar.

Username: Sickboyz727

Post Number: 2
what about a 1000rms would tha be good for these subs?

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 137
A good amp for these subs would be a Hifonics BXi 2006D, it will give you the power you need. However, you are going to need around $300-350 for one of these, unless you can find a used one for cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 89
Those are terrible subs. I had a pair of aw1571-whatevers (15' version of the same sub) for about a week before I blew them on a rf p8002.
I wouldn't give them 400 watts; Audioburn overrates their subs horribly. People seem to like their amps.

Speaking of which, anyone want to buy a 15' audiobahn sub which the company claims to be 500w rms and 1500 peak, cheap?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 653
I suppose everyone has different experiences. I have flame Qs and ran only 1 coil, unknowingly, with a clipped signal for a while...got really hot, still in tact and slam hard. If you have those subs already, set them up and i'm sure they'll hit hard with right amount of power. that bxi seems like a good match for the subs...you're not having an all-out system, but something that is loud and on a budget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us