Need help I might be screwed

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 51
I have two mono block amps 2 ohm = 800 watts 4 ohms = 400 watts... I have two 2 ohm L7s tht r 600 rms. Thy said since I'm using to different amps I can only run the subs at 4 ohms and my amps r only puttin out 400 wen the subs need 600 will thy blow like this?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1427
Keep your questions in the other thread you made.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob1083

Post Number: 38
no they will be fine they are actually rated from 50-600 rms according to crutchfield, i'm assuming you have the 10's since you said 600 rms. more power would obviously be louder but 400 should be fine. also if u put them in a ported box power handling usually goes down any way. so if u have the room go with that. reccommended rms in 2.25 cu. ft. ported box is 450 rms any way so you'll be in good shape. check out these links.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DgQ33S8gnVp/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=2066S10L7

http://www.kicker.com/06/kicker_home.html

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 53
And I still don't kno how to wire the subs those links you gave me didn't work on my other L7 post I need to kno how 2 wire the subs inside the box and how to wire 1 set of rca's to two amps

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 209
or sell those amps and get a diffenent one

Bronze Member
Username: Rob1083

Post Number: 40
as far as wiring the amps together someone else will have to help b/c i have never done it. but to wire the sub to 4 ohms you need to run a piece of speaker wire from + of one voice coil to the negative of the other, then hook speaker wires to unused + and negative and run to your amp. there should be a picture in your manual or go to kicker.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us