0 guage or 2 guage?

Bronze Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 44
I'm getting 2 800 wat amps 2 power 2 10" L7s and a 2 farad cap should I go with 0 guage or 2 guage?? Does it really matter man install is pretty expensive almost like 400.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2213
what? To install that cost 400! Fu ck that. learn to do it yourself. And I don't think your amps can accept 0gauge inputs, probaly 4 gauge. In your situation, do 4gauge. And don't waste money on a cap, upgrade your battery and do the big 3.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Well I got the cap for free and thy said you can do a 0 guage I'm gona have a distributor so I can run the 2 amps off 1 power wire and I know a little to do it myself but I don't wana mess it up and blow my subs becuase they were pretty expensive.

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 132
Well you should probably go 4 gauge, but if not w/e. But you should not pay 400 for installation. That is just stupid.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1419
Well rather than pay someone that rediculous price,do it yourself.It's best to learn now and you won't have to ever worry about it again later.If you pay someone to install your stuff and something goes wrong you're going to have to pay them again to fix/inspect it.It's not very hard to install any car audio it just takes a little time.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3617
"I don't wana mess it up and blow my subs becuase they were pretty expensive."

mess up or not, chance is good they'll blow anyway. and yeah, if you pay $400 for installing 2 amps and a cap. (waste) you need slapped. at the most it should cost about $150-200 tops for those 3 things installed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Well the install really isn't the hard part for me its the tuning so I don't blow my s*** bcuz I hear l7s are sensitive

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3618
l7's aren't as sensitive as they are shi_tty. very poor build quality and they tend to blow easily. waste of money imo. as far as tuning the amp i'd say that's easier than the install.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1420
Get yourself a DMM(Digital Multi Meter) and you'll be able to tune your amp properly.If you don't know how to build a box there are a few guys on these Forums that could probably do it for a decent price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
Ok well I kno you guys hate em but I'm going 2 try thm for myself if thy blow ill jus get some type R or something but anyways do you know where I could get a good set of directions on hooking up the power wire amps and cap I already know how to wire the amps but I don't kno if I need new rca's I don't even know what they are I have one of the amps arealdy hooked up and running so wouldi need another set of rca's for the 2nd amp I think I'm going to do it myself... and I already have everything I need except power wire and a ditributor box and maybe rca's anything else I need?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us